Little hard black pellets found on kitchen worktop

We got given a bunch of flowers Monday 23rd, then first drops found 26th & today... They are not on floor or anywhere else but they are near the flowers, the flowers still have the packaging they came in...?

Have a close look. We had the exact issue twice. Both times it was due to green caterpillars on either flowers or fresh herbs.

---------- Post added 28-12-2013 at 14:31 ----------

That sounds like bull droppings.

Well that shows how much you know then I suppose.

catapilla droppings: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JFlfIBC_Ie8/TEJ3tEeMR2I/AAAAAAAAIp4/0bNGjuLHuv8/s1600/IMG_6237.JPG

http://m5.i.pbase.com/o2/89/829189/1/123367765.730ofTfZ.CheckerspotCaterpillarBeePlant8883p.jpg

Checked flowers and nothing that looks untoward...

Ill put that traps out and see what happens tonight

they can be very small and the ones we had were green, so hard to see. Have another look as they can be as small as 1cm long.

looks like mouse droppings to me. put some sugar down, smooth the top. mice like sugar apparently. if the sugar is uneven after a bit you've got mice...only problem is, don't know if caterpillars like sugar. if they do, it proves nothing - unless you catch one in the act ;-)

Definitely mouse poo.

We had one last year and had those in very odd places.

You might start to hear scratching noises in the walls, and notice a fusty smell in the house.

Ours used to come out about 8 or 9 pm, but it would run so fast as soon as I spotted it it was back up behind the radiators in the little hole where the pipes go.

It's a mouse and it's unlikely there is only one ,so if you catch one leave the traps about for a few days ,mice suffer from incontinence make sure you bleach all the work surfaces it's the stuff you can't see you should be concerned more about .