My tv wont come on !!

Can any one help me my TV won't come on when I plug it. In the red standby button comes on and when I press the button on the TV it trying to turn green it works find when it comes on it a 37inch. Hd handspree.

U can see it trying to turn on so I think it must be a lose wire some where can anyone help thanks

I haven't got a clue what this means:

"it trying to turn green it works find when it comes on it a 37 inch."

If you can be a bit more descriptive so us common souls can understand what you mean, perhaps we can actually help...

However, if I gather your garbled message right, your TV is on standby (red light) and when you try to switch it on, it does show the green light but the screen stays black? Sounds like some sort of problem with the software/PCBs in your telly, if that is the case you probably need a new one, check your warranty.

Sing the first few lines of this song to it.

Gary Glitter - I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am!)

My mums tv did this in the 80's, you had to give it a good whack on the top for it to work try that maybe.

I'll take it is an LCD (flat panel) type, not an un-common fault on these, it's usually associated with the power supply board in the TV, mainly the capacitors on that board, they'll need replacing, or a new board, try googling the model number with 'PSU' after it, it might give you a few clues.

Regards, acman.

My mums tv did this in the 80's, you had to give it a good whack on the top for it to work try that maybe.

Times have changed since the 80's!

You can't go around giving inanimate objects 'a good whack' these days without someone complaining... :rant: