Fella's, do you have a favourite aftershave

Old Spice. Reminds me of my Dad.

I've got some Old Spice that I wear from time to time....I think it smells quite fresh.

My favourite is F C U K for Him.....I bought a £10 gift set a few weeks ago from B&M that I will be getting as a Christmas surprise from a relative. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

This homophobic comment is at odds with your signature.

Using the term "poof", especially as you are referring to what you believe to be a display of feminine characteristics is not on. It is every bit as bad as racism, which you have rightly stood up to on these forums before.

Can a mod please remove this?

It was clearly a joke, just as I've made jokes relating to race many times in the past here.

Incidentally, I'm a prolific user of male fragrances (Creed and Hermes mainly), and if that's a demonstration of 'feminine characteristics', then I'm delighted to be associated with that observation.

It was clearly a joke, just as I've made jokes relating to race many times in the past here.

Incidentally, I'm a prolific user of male fragrances (Creed and Hermes mainly), and if that's a demonstration of 'feminine characteristics', then I'm delighted to be associated with that observation.

but you can (makes jokes about race) BF as you're not a honkey :D

however youre also straight so not entitled to use the f word :P

but you can (makes jokes about race) BF as you're not a honkey :D

however youre also straight so not entitled to use the f word :P

Indeed Wex, however I make jokes about everybody!

I thought the use of the colloquial vernacular in my post would have flagged it to everyone as irony-the stereotypical view of Yorkshiremen ie not being fragrance wearers or indeed in touch with their feminine side.

Ps my kids are half honky, do I get special dispensation? :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 09:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyfriday

Set o'poofs

This homophobic comment is at odds with your signature.

Using the term "poof", especially as you are referring to what you believe to be a display of feminine characteristics is not on. It is every bit as bad as racism, which you have rightly stood up to on these forums before.

Can a mod please remove this?

Good spot charmer,homophobia but disguised by using the word poof.

If the market for aftershave wasnt so big amongst the public in general then the guys in pub and nightclub toilets who offer you a splash of it for a pound,usually these days accompanied with a lewd comment about you not getting any females interested in you if you dont eg "no splash-no g*sh" etc, would be out of a job, as these guys are usually of an ethnic minority background then the comment is a bit counter productive to the posters usual m.o. too!

Am I really to be lectured about the inappropriate use of language by someone with the username 'yellowperil'? :huh:

Oh it's a joke is it? A homophobic joke? That makes it all ok then.

Can you link me to a post of yours that is a racist joke that includes a racial slur on a marginalised demographic of society?

The fact that your post hasn't already been moderated is a sad reflection of the tolerance of homophobia in our society. Had your joke (and I appreciate it was a joke and in no way reflects your ideology) contained a racial slur then it would have been removed.

I am not really having a go at you, you are just a part of society.

Can you link me to a post of yours that is a racist joke that includes a racial slur on a marginalised demographic of society?

I said I made jokes about 'race' not racist jokes, my post which created your indignation was a joke directed at Yorkshiremen, it was dressed up as irony, not homophobia.

Incidentally, if you want to see some racial slurs being traded, have a look at some of the lively dialogue between myself and the wonderful poster known as 'poppins', she got the 'joke', as did I.

I have a signature aftershave that is pretty obscure. One time I met with an old fiend and when she gave me a hug she comments that "You even smell the same as I remember".

Are you sure she meant this as a compliment? ;)

Are you sure she meant this as a compliment? ;)

Haha, yeah, I'm sure it was you cheeky sod :P

I said I made jokes about 'race' not racist jokes, my post which created your indignation was a joke directed at Yorkshiremen, it was dressed up as irony, not homophobia.

Incidentally, if you want to see some racial slurs being traded, have a look at some of the lively dialogue between myself and the wonderful poster known as 'poppins', she got the 'joke', as did I.

Ooooh ... you've put the cat amongst the pigeons now BF! ... using good humour as a sort of palimpsest for more sinister homophobic meanderings. How very dare you! Good job there's people on here keeping your subliminal messages in check, or God knows where we'd be! :P

You are justifying the unjusitifiable. Am I allowed to use a racial slur to you because you weren't offended when this "poppins" character used one? Of course not.

Hateful slurs can't be tolerated in a public place. What you or I say to friends in private is fine. A public forum is not the place for such words.

I do not believe you to be homophobic, it would be idiotic of me to judge the content of your character on the basis of one sentence.

Ooooh ... you've put the cat amongst the pigeons now BF! ... using good humour as a sort of palimpsest for more sinister homophobic meanderings. How very dare you! Good job there's people on here keeping your subliminal messages in check, or God knows where we'd be! :P

My dear Alco, it appears I've been reluctantly hoisted from the closet, henceforth my fragrance of choice shall be 'Poison' :(:cry::(

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 10:44 ----------

You are justifying the unjusitifiable. Am I allowed to use a racial slur to you because you weren't offended when this "poppins" character used one? Of course not.
Yes you absolutely are, and I would defend your right to do it, provided you would defend my right to reply.

Hateful slurs can't be tolerated in a public place. What you or I say to friends in private is fine. A public forum is not the place for such words.

I'm guessing you find programmes such as Little Britain, League of Gentleman and Til Death Us Do Part offensive then since they lampoon racists, homophobes and sexists through irony ie using racist, homophobic and sexist phrases to make their point.