Old petrol station city rd

does anyone know if theres any plans to build on the site of old petrol station

city rd?

I dont want to sound thick, but where is the old petrol station? I know where the existing one is.

Edited by No User Name

does anyone know if theres any plans to build on the site of old petrol station

city rd?

Do you mean the bit of land a few hundred yards up from the Premier shop (old Travellers Rest pub)?

Under the building regs I think it has to be left for several years and then tested for contamination before it can be built on.

Do you mean the bit of land a few hundred yards up from the Premier shop (old Travellers Rest pub)?

Under the building regs I think it has to be left for several years and then tested for contamination before it can be built on.

yes that's the one

It used to be a Esso petrol station. Can anyone tell me what year it was demolished?

I passed my test in 1990, I can remembers using the petrol station, must have been demolished mid '90's.

It used to be a Esso petrol station. Can anyone tell me what year it was demolished?

It was about 2004 (+/- a year). I was a fitter at the time and remember repairing something on site for the demolition crews

I would agree with you about it being 10 yrs ago. I use to travel up city road on my way home and can remember it being there then.