The New Moor Market

do you think the new market will last long.......

---------- Post added 16-01-2014 at 21:02 ----------

or is it another money pit............

I think the council has done well against the Liberation of Sheffield Republic.

:rolleyes:

When the council jobs are cut. Or the investments are not coming in. These places are still open, then it will thrive. These days will come. Then even the pound shop will be too expensive then. For when a pound of crisps is a luxury item, and that you need that same pound to buy 500g of meat.

TM Meats seems to have closed down, first casualty? They were really good too, but it was just a small stall in the corner out of the way.

According to their Facebook page TM Meats has "changed hands" with new owners from Monday, so the stall won't be vacant but there's nothing to indicate what exactly will be there.

According to their Facebook page TM Meats has "changed hands" with new owners from Monday, so the stall won't be vacant but there's nothing to indicate what exactly will be there.

My mum said she was there when he was selling his meat off, he told her he'd passed it on to a young lad. Not sure what's happening, why he's closed, if it'll be the same quality meat or what.

Atkinsons car park = £1 an hour. Personally, I hadn't been to the old market for years. but I've been to the new one regularly and I like it. Yes, maybe not perfect but not enough to put me off at all. Enjoying trying cheaper cuts of meat and different foods, but I guess you can't please everyone. Each to their own eh?

Is there a car park? If so does it have a web site with directions etc.. Or is it best to park in the cheese grater and walk down?

Huge multi-story right next to it, £2/hour, but a discount if you shop in the market (go to the information desk in the middle) makes it 70p for the first hour. Staples is just down the road & free for an hour.

http://www.apcoa.co.uk/carparks/the-moor-sheffield