Street lights not working

Anyone noticed that there seems to be more street lights than usual not working this year?

Obviously I could report them to Amey - and will do when I get around to it. I could be doing it now rather than posting this. I will do later.

Every time I go out somewhere though I notice more and more not working. In Crosspool there is a massive stretch on Watt Lane in darkness. Manchester Road between Broomhill and Crosspool has a stretch out. Noticed the slip road to Tesco off Abbeydale Road was in darkness - not sure if that is the council's area or not. I've noticed other areas too when I've been on my travels.

As said, I will report it. Just mentioning it as I've never really noticed more that the odd light out here and there previously.

Ohh no! I'll have to turn on my car headlights or carry a torch with me now. That's so unfair of the council/Amey to make me think ahead of going out at night.

What did you expect would be involved when replacing almost every street light in Sheffield?

Or different argument, would you rather the council/amey save a few quid on the street lighting bill, or cut back front line services? There is no legal requirement for them to provide lighting, so why shouldn't they just turn them all off?

Rant off

^^

Yeah, whatever.

What did you expect would be involved when replacing almost every street light in Sheffield?

Except they aren't doing doing any work anywhere near watt lane, and that road has been having problems with lights for years.

might be down to upgrade work for the new led lighting

Just been to look outside and ALL our street lights are working.

Will sleep well now.

could be that there are not replaceing the old bulbs that might have blown as there are going to replace with the new led ones

Anyone noticed that there seems to be more street lights than usual not working this year?

Obviously I could report them to Amey - and will do when I get around to it. I could be doing it now rather than posting this. I will do later.

Every time I go out somewhere though I notice more and more not working. In Crosspool there is a massive stretch on Watt Lane in darkness. Manchester Road between Broomhill and Crosspool has a stretch out. Noticed the slip road to Tesco off Abbeydale Road was in darkness - not sure if that is the council's area or not. I've noticed other areas too when I've been on my travels.

As said, I will report it. Just mentioning it as I've never really noticed more that the odd light out here and there previously.

Sheffield council have decided to switch off the street light on your road just so you could post it on here:hihi:

could be that there are not replaceing the old bulbs that might have blown as there are going to replace with the new led ones

If it's a large section of lights off it will almost certainly be a fault on the NPG mains cables.