Dangerous drivers, they`ve got no imagination..

The motorway doesn't have to be busy for a load of idiots to bunch up so as not to leave a large enough gap to pull into. You then have to slow down, or even stop, making it harder to join at the appropriate speed.

jb

I've been driving for about 38years....never had to stop on a slip road to join a motorway (apart from the ones with ramp metering or when the motorway itself is at a standstill) you have to adjust your speed on the way down the slip road,not when you get to the end of it...

More traffic = less speed

It's rarely difficult to join even if the motorway is packed, as for unsafe......how?

Further up on this very thread a bloke pulled over from the middle lane to the inside lane just as the poster was pulling onto the motorway off the slip road.

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 13:54 ----------

I've been driving for about 38years....never had to stop on a slip road to join a motorway (apart from the ones with ramp metering or when the motorway itself is at a standstill) you have to adjust your speed on the way down the slip road,not when you get to the end of it...

I admit it wasn`t on a motorway, it was the A34 just NW of Oxford, but I had to stop on a slip road, and it was very stressful I can tell you......

The fact is that if the inside lane is full (and too close together) and none of the vehicle make any room for you, you`re snookered. You either have to keep your foot on the accelerator and hope something turns up, or slow down, and potentially actually stop, or drive up the hard shoulder (which is illegal). Of course there is no hard shoulder on the A34 which somewhat limits your options, and should make drivers think about whether using the hard shoulder on managed motorways is really such a good idea......

Driving home at 5pm last night, two cars had no lights on: one on Penistone Road travelling in the opposite direction to me and another, in front of me driving up Addy Street.

What I can't understand is that if they don't have their lights on, then surely they cannot see their speedometers and other dials on their dashboard?

I can therefore only deduce that these muppets don't even bother looking at what speed they're doing etc.

Driving home at 5pm last night, two cars had no lights on: one on Penistone Road travelling in the opposite direction to me and another, in front of me driving up Addy Street.

What I can't understand is that if they don't have their lights on, then surely they cannot see their speedometers and other dials on their dashboard?

I can therefore only deduce that these muppets don't even bother looking at what speed they're doing etc.

I have a little bit of sympathy for people who forget to turn on their lights, though as you say, unless it`s a particularly well lit road you`d have thought they would have had trouble seeeing their speedos.