Sheffields lights

Ive not been to town in a bit at night so dont know if this is true but ive been told if you want so see Sheffield Christmas lights turned on you have to pay?

Is this true? Do you have to pay to go see the Crimbo lights being switched on by a nobody or a neverwilbe?

No its a free event. It would be impossible to charge people to visit the city centre !

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 11:45 ----------

Unfortunately that means the lights are usually turned on by no-body, his brother has-been, or his cousin never-will-be.

Maybe if everyone put a pound in we could get someone better and have a better lighting display. I went a few years ago and it was a pretty poor show. A few animals, a "snow machine" which was so pathetic I thought it was a kid blowing bubbles, and a few kids rides which look like they have been stolen from a scrap yard.

No its a free event. It would be impossible to charge people to visit the city centre !

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 11:45 ----------

Unfortunately that means the lights are usually turned on by no-body, his brother has-been, or his cousin never-will-be.

Maybe if everyone put a pound in we could get someone better and have a better lighting display. I went a few years ago and it was a pretty poor show. A few animals, a "snow machine" which was so pathetic I thought it was a kid blowing bubbles, and a few kids rides which look like they have been stolen from a scrap yard.

Ah Christmas, magical. :hihi:

Ive not been to town in a bit at night so dont know if this is true but ive been told if you want so see Sheffield Christmas lights turned on you have to pay?

Is this true? Do you have to pay to go see the Crimbo lights being switched on by a nobody or a neverwilbe?

Congratulations on winning the "Daftest Post of the Day" Award :clap:

If the Crimbo lights will only be turned on by a hasbeen, a nobody, or a neverwillbe, then why are you so interested in attending? :huh:

Congratulations on winning the "Daftest Post of the Day" Award :clap:

If the Crimbo lights will only be turned on by a hasbeen, a nobody, or a neverwillbe, then why are you so interested in attending? :huh:

Im not. Im not even going i was just curious as to if there was going to be a charge. You can take my place if you wish. You could do with getting out and meeting people.

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 17:50 ----------

No, it isnt true.

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 17:50 ----------

its meadowhell where you have to pay .

Thank you to you too :)