Ale house fraser road

Sorry but i think it's called irony,the guy who starts the thread and is refused service,then comes back on to ask if its true that they are serving beer at a £1 a pint is it not ironic?and my answer being 'only to regulars'was supposed to be funny not sarcastic!:loopy:

I mean't the top part of my post you quoted.

I like a good pint of real ale but I don't spot trains. I like them the way they are and think spots would spoil them really.

My interests are wide and varied. I am fond of paraffin lamps and linoleum for example and I once had a dissertation published on Scart leads. I have represented my County at Bradawl restoration too.

So I am a very interesting person even though people point at me a lot and laugh.

I usually spell place names with caution, preferring to use the abbreviated "boro" rather than risk making a fool of myself by doing it the hard way. But if I get it wrong I blame the spell checka see

I am a bit embarrissed now thow.

I am sure that a lot of your interest are shared by the majority of 'Real Ale'drinkers and,has been said on this thread previously,they like to drink with likeminded people so I'm sure the conversations that ensue are gripping and you never go short on sleep!:suspect:

I bet your even more embarrassed now tho'....................eh!(see what I've done there)sometimes things just come back to haunt you!:huh:

Seriously if you know about scart leads is there a scart lead that can block the macrovision protection?PM me.:love:..........................................but I'll guess it's a hoax!

Your post is littered with spelling mistakes have you gone Belly up or is there some sort of ulterior motive?........................................................... do you play chess?

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 13:09 ----------

I think you all must be too exhausted,after your regulars weekend of enjoyment,to post as no-one has been on this thread since thursday.Anyway I was thinking we're coming up to the season of celebratory events.How many of you lot will be visiting Laycocks club for Halloween,Fireworks night,Christmas eve and New Years eve?Non-members pay couple of quid on the night probably.Nobody sober and up for a good night refused entry even likeminded people Wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooopppppppppppeeeeeeeeee!

Edited by GeorgyGirl

So is this what 'The Mash' all boils down to (real ale pun)what it seems your after is segregation one pub for 'them' and ours for 'us'at least we know where the line is drawn.:confused:

PS. are you the landlord of the 'Ale House':gag:

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 23:26 ----------

Don't really want to diss you as you are an owls fan, but your comments regarding 'any old scroat'could be interpreted,because you live in the pretty plush estate adjacent to the ale house it seems you want to keep the common folk out or 'In their Place M'lard':roll:

I find your comment interesting, unless I know you, how would you know where I live? You know what I mean by scroat, the drug dealers, dog fighters, etc and all the rough people that have spoilt that pub in the past In the years I have lived here that pub always had problems and was constantly being closed down. Don't get me totally wrong, I am certainly not saying that this applies to all the people that used to go in there.

At ,last we have a good land lord and land lady doing good stuff for the community.

I am sure the Ale House and Laycocks can live in harmony together :)

I find your comment interesting, unless I know you, how would you know where I live? You know what I mean by scroat, the drug dealers, dog fighters, etc and all the rough people that have spoilt that pub in the past In the years I have lived here that pub always had problems and was constantly being closed down. Don't get me totally wrong, I am certainly not saying that this applies to all the people that used to go in there.

At ,last we have a good land lord and land lady doing good stuff for the community.

I am sure the Ale House and Laycocks can live in harmony together :)

Scroat:-An inferior lawless member of society.Person with no ambition/Happy to sponge off the state.A social leech.The S**t youth of today.:o

I have in the past frequented what was,the sheaf,and will admit that it had some undesirable characters in there,but certainly in the minority,it was in it's time a very popular place,especially when laycocks factory was across the road,and if you are resident in the periwood estate here's a thought I have probably walked around the area that is perhaps now your living room floor a few hundred times!:help:

I cannot recall the pub ever being forced to close down the only reason I have known it shut is when the landlord could not afford the financial restraints imposed on him by the brewery.:rant:

As for the new owner of the 'ale house'refusing to let these 'scroats'in I do know people that have been refused service and no-way would anyone class them as scroats,one of them was 70 years old?:roll:

How can you expect the ale house and laycocks to live in harmony when one place lets one set of customers in and the other refuses entry and service?:confused:

Scroat:-An inferior lawless member of society.Person with no ambition/Happy to sponge off the state.A social leech.The S**t youth of today.:o

I have in the past frequented what was,the sheaf,and will admit that it had some undesirable characters in there,but certainly in the minority,it was in it's time a very popular place,especially when laycocks factory was across the road,and if you are resident in the periwood estate here's a thought I have probably walked around the area that is perhaps now your living room floor a few hundred times!:help:

I cannot recall the pub ever being forced to close down the only reason I have known it shut is when the landlord could not afford the financial restraints imposed on him by the brewery.:rant:

As for the new owner of the 'ale house'refusing to let these 'scroats'in I do know people that have been refused service and no-way would anyone class them as scroats,one of them was 70 years old?:roll:

How can you expect the ale house and laycocks to live in harmony when one place lets one set of customers in and the other refuses entry and service?:confused:

By this logic how can Menzels and The Nursery live in harmony on Ecclesall Road? Because they are totally different place that have a different target audience.

Just look at the city center there are several bars and pubs all next to each other which are completely different and have a different target audience who all live in harmony.

The Ale House and Laycocks are different venues with a different target audience. So they can easily live next to each other in harmony as neither is competing with the other for custom.

It seems like you have an issue with the Ale House or are trying to promote Laycocks. I can't see where anybody has inferred that the scroats that the landlord is trying to keep out of The Ale House are customers of Laycocks. IT just seems odd that after this thread had calmed down you went out of your way after the weekend to try and spark things off again.

:roll:

]By this logic how can Menzels and The Nursery live in harmony on Ecclesall Road[/b]? Because they are totally different place that have a different target audience.

Just look at the city center there are several bars and pubs all next to each other which are completely different and have a different target audience who all live in harmony.

The Ale House and Laycocks are different venues with a different target audience. So they can easily live next to each other in harmony as neither is competing with the other for custom.

It seems like you have an issue with the Ale House or are trying to promote Laycocks. I can't see where anybody has inferred that the scroats that the landlord is trying to keep out of The Ale House are customers of Laycocks. IT jusfor no good reasont seems odd that after this thread had calmed down you went out of your way after the weekend to try and spark things off again.[/QUOTE]

Sorry i'm not familiar with the places you refer to on eccy Rd.all I can say is does one place refuse service to customers of the other?:confused:

The reference you make to the city centre is ridiculous far more choice in town to where we are,and are they privately owned?I'm sure that if they had a policy where discrimination of any sort was introduced they would soon go out of business!:loopy:

Yes you are correct I do have an issue with the ale house,as stated'the guy is refusing service to members of the public who are not weekly regulars of his pub for no good reason!:help:

I could lay you a bet on here.......................... to prove my point,in my lifetime I have never caused trouble in any establishment I'm a happy go lucky sort of person,past my youth..........don't know what your interpretation of a 'scroat is but,I own my car which is a BMW my other half owns a renault and we own our own motorhome..............oh!and no mortgage as we own our house,and just go to a pub to enjoy a drink or a meal but I can guarantee that if I walked in the ale house tomorrow I would be refused service.How Much do you want on it?:huh:

My final point is how do you figure that I sparked this thread again when sooperdooper pops up?and has anyone really come up with an answer to the OP's original question?

:

Edited by GeorgyGirl

I'd be pretty amused if I were to be refused service in a bar because my face didn't fit, but you know what, so what?

If he/she is making money then the customers it does have must be happy.

Lets be honest, if the owner of the Ale House doesn't want to serve bolshy annoying people then that's his prerogative.

I'd be pretty amused if I were to be refused service in a bar because my face didn't fit, but you know what, so what?

If he/she is making money then the customers it does have must be happy.

Lets be honest, if the owner of the Ale House doesn't want to serve bolshy annoying people then that's his prerogative.

Have you ever been refused service,I for one don't think I would be amused,I think embarassed would be my feeling!:(

DId you think that the OP was being annoyingly bolshy by asking for a pint..........................what in a pub eh................thats supposed to serve beer!:huh:

I think the OP is the victim of a rule that has been put in place to keep bolshy people out.

I would imagine that the history of the pub has led to this rule. It has been a battleground in the past and it doesn't take much trouble to drive everyone away.

I think the OP is the victim of a rule that has been put in place to keep bolshy people out.

I would imagine that the history of the pub has led to this rule. It has been a battleground in the past and it doesn't take much trouble to drive everyone away.

Here's my take on the situation I do not think that any person would buy a pub outright without having a business plan,assessing all options particularly location.So we have a pub at the side of a 'plush' estate but not frequented by the occupants because of the undesirables from the other 'council influenced estate'.So as the owner what do you do?take a chance open up as a 'real ale pub'for the more discerning beer drinker,build up a customer base.Then if things are going your way become selective on who you allow in!is this whats happened?How long before the 'ale house'is renamed 'The Periwood':banana:

I have never known the sheaf as ever being a battleground,the only pub on woodseats I would refer to in that context would be the Big Tree'which virtually every weekend was invaded by the police due to some sort of gang warfare,but now things have changed up there not by barring people but by changing the ambience of the place good quality meals,ok they also employed a couple of bouncers but it's now one of the best pubs on woodseats!:love:

Edited by GeorgyGirl

I've just herd that there is a Karaoke night on 23rd Nov down the road... and guess what??... NEW MEMBERS WELCOME :banana::clap::headbang:

I've just herd that there is a Karaoke night on 23rd Nov down the road... and guess what??... NEW MEMBERS WELCOME :banana::clap::headbang:

I think we may be having even more new members shortly 'cos i've heard today from 2 different sources that the Ale House is closing shortly .........................................................if true should have taken me on as his business manager EH!:hihi: