Malin Bridge or Marcliffe Primary School

Hi,

I'm seeking useful feedback on these two primary schools please?

I've done a fair bit of research, but would like to seek the opinion of parents.

Standards, quality of teaching, how we'll do they deal with the issue of bullying etc.. if you prefer one over the other, if comfortable to do so on the open forum, could you let me know the reason why.

Thanks in advance

marcliffe depends how they got as head master now when my daughter was there it was suposed to be 3 strikes and out shame they did not stick to it. the child been bullied used to suffer to by keeping her in at play times to.

Malin Bridge, loads of people l know slate Marlcliffe :/

I have been for an interview at Malin Bridge and whilst I sadly didn't get the job, the school and staff all seemed lovely.

my 2 children went to marlcliffe and now my 4 yr old grand-daughter as just started there and so far loves it as did my 2 kids

Marlcliffe all the way!! Good school getting better all the time with the new head in charge -Mrs Mann. My son is in year 6 & is doing really well.

I cannot comment on marcliffe as never had any dealings however malin bridge is a fantastic school. My 2 have excelled there, the leadership team cannot do enough for the school. Anti bullying rates highly there, in the instances I have been slightly concerned 1 email to the class teachers has sorted any potential problems out immediately. The teachers are excellent at engaging the kids, lots of extra curricula activities take place. My 2 love going to school this is down to what a great school malin bridge is, I would pick malin bridge again and again if I had to. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for all the responses, they did help, I think both schools have the potential to be outstanding in the next few years, I suspect Malin is definitely closes to obtaining this status.

The problem with asking this question is very few parents will have tried out both schools. Those with children who have been to one will always rate if over the other.

My two children have gone through Marlcliffe and both have done well there. The current leadership team have really cracked down on bad behaviour and particularly low level persistant bad behaviour, ie 'messing around'. Other aspects that Marlcliffe offer include a residential trip to France in Y6 as well as other residential trips lower down the school. They work hard with the children to ensure they reach their potential.

I have no experience of Malin Bridge so cannot comment on how they differ. Remember that league tables are not everything

Like the person before i believe you cannot get a accurate view without visiting both schools. My child has just started in reception at marcliffe, I have spoken with alot of they mums there and so far it seems to be a great school. My little one loves it and has alot of good things to say when she comes out. Hope this helps.