Halifax Rd major accident

So they 'fixed' one accident blackspot at the junction on Wilcox/Halifax Road, but the issues still remain that people still apparently speed further down near the Lidl turn off and further down past the shops. The turn off up to Southey Hill.

Hope the guy is okay and that the idiots who caused the accident get locked up.

white Bentley with a pink soft top roof

Not the one I saw then, that was more a works type van/car.

I actually checked the travel news when I got to my parents because I half expected the driver to cause an accident.

I can only assume he/she was either texting on a mobile phone or under the influence.

I've seen plenty of bad driving in my time, but this is the first time I've ever phoned the police because I was concerned he/she might cause an accident.

Regards

Doom

I was once on my way to work and was chased and forced to drive a bit faster all the way down Attercliffe road. As I was turning off near the car wash on Newhall Rd the two cars following me overtook every body and a police car coming in the opposite direction stopped them both. When I got to work I rang 101 and spoke to the officer who stopped them and he said both cars were Asians coming from a wedding. Apparently its a usual occurrence at weddings, the young men drive around in their fast cars. I'm not saying this is what happened today but it needs to stop !

I was once on my way to work and was chased and forced to drive a bit faster all the way down Attercliffe road. As I was turning off near the car wash on Newhall Rd the two cars following me overtook every body and a police car coming in the opposite direction stopped them both. When I got to work I rang 101 and spoke to the officer who stopped them and he said both cars were Asians coming from a wedding. Apparently its a usual occurrence at weddings, the young men drive around in their fast cars. I'm not saying this is what happened today but it needs to stop !

And the connection between this and today's incident is? Don't tell me, you also saw a white van several hours beforehand.

Very unlikely, hence why I suggested they probably weren't involved.

You weren't driving a white van by any chance, because you seem to be making a big issue out of nothing? ;)

That's me done on this thread....I asked the question and at least somebody answered it without attitude....Thanks andipep.

Regards

Doom

i think you deserve a pat on the back for being concerned enough to report what you saw.

For anyone who hadn't seen the accident.

541388_10200808408077486_1832998714_n.jpg

942777_10200808407877481_599443256_n.jpg

It happens all the time on attercliffe road where the weddings are held all these supercars been raced up and down by drivers not up to the job and there will be something serious happens one day

And the connection between this and today's incident is? Don't tell me, you also saw a white van several hours beforehand.

No I did not see a white van , I was merely commenting on the fact someone said Asians were driving cars at a speed ! Keep up !!

No I did not see a white van , I was merely commenting on the fact someone said Asians were driving cars at a speed ! Keep up !!

And that post somehow makes sense? Because I have no idea what you're going on about. :loopy: