The Sheffield Night Clown

danmas86

But how did the school kids hear about it? More than likely from a friend of a friend....and all the pictures that show up...are all the same picture of the clown in Nottingham...there is no absolute proof of this clown in sheffield. Just the same "such and such saw him in such and such place"

Alot of it is made up i'm sure of that, but what I saw was a clown driving a transit van. Someone has either seen this thread and or the FB page which is doing the rounds and they are "going along with it" for a laugh.

No harm, it is funny (although it scared the crap out of me this morning as it's not something you expect to see).

Spotted this morning, traffic lights off parkway / D Dooley Way at about 4:50am. Sat waiting for the lights to change and another car pulls up alongside me. I glance over and the passenger has a bloody clown mask on!!! Scared the hell out of me, just gave him/her the thumbs up and laughed. It was a white transit van heading towards Kelham Island area. Same person or another wannabe?

Only 2 types of people driving around in vans pre 5am, Postmen and nutters, guessing you're a postman and clown face the nutter. Is it illegal to have a mask on whilst driving out of interest?

Only 2 types of people driving around in vans pre 5am, Postmen and nutters, guessing you're a postman and clown face the nutter. Is it illegal to have a mask on whilst driving out of interest?

I read it more like the mask was over the passanger seat head-rest, there are a couple of vans ive seen with scream mask/friday 13th masks on the headrest the same.

But i'd say wearing a mask would severly impare your vision etc so probably would be illegal

---------- Post added 21-11-2013 at 13:08 ----------

Alot of it is made up i'm sure of that, but what I saw was a clown driving a transit van. Someone has either seen this thread and or the FB page which is doing the rounds and they are "going along with it" for a laugh.

No harm, it is funny (although it scared the crap out of me this morning as it's not something you expect to see).

^see above, i thought you meant they had it over the passanger headrest

South Yorks Police have said...

We are aware that there are a number of reports circulating on social media of a clown being seen on the streets of South Yorkshire.

There have been no actual sightings of a clown reported to police or any crimes committed.

Must be a crime fighting super hero.

I regularly see people in cars wearing fox masks.

---------- Post added 21-11-2013 at 19:17 ----------

It is definitely true, my next door neighbour's mate's dad knows someone who saw it.

I'm neither and don't drive a van :o and yes, I guess it's illegal.

Who ever it is dressing up and messing about wants to be careful cause someone might punch them or worse ! My 6 year old grandson was told by his teacher about this clown and he was scared to death to go to bed tonight. Its getting silly now . Be warned you clowns out there, you might be in danger of copping for an unfortunate one !

Your child's teacher need's reporting for spreading this sort of thing to children.

Your child's teacher need's reporting for spreading this sort of thing to children.

If the teacher is making children aware of this, and saying don't talk to strangers what is wrong with that.

If the teacher is doing it deliberately to put the FOG into kids then that is wrong, but I doubt that very much.

Heard a lot of things about him!

This clown has ruined my social life - I'm scared to even put my rubbish out. I never did, but that's a different manor.

I've heard of other forums that he is walking around with dead rabbits under his arms :roll::confused:

Edited by Rampent
Clown looked at me