Shall I get my Saab touched up or go the whole way?

Thing is, it's not a SAAB. It's a Vauxhall.

They are usually vectra's in drag

They are usually vectra's in drag

Yep mate. To be fair the OP reckons it's a real SAAB. Who knows dude.

Yep mate. To be fair the OP reckons it's a real SAAB. Who knows dude.

They are actually part Chong owned at the moment,they were using parts off GM and assembling them for long enough,I think the last full Saab made models were the 7 and 8 series..

I had a 1998 Saab 9-5, which was one of the GM models, so if yours is only 11 years old, it must be a GM one surely?

I loved it, and I'd still have it today if it hadn't died on the A1 in February. I still mourn it.

I looked at various other cars when replacing it, but didn't find anything to compare. So I bought another, newer one, and love that too.

And for those who say that it's basically a Vauxhall, you're wrong. The 900 shared less than a third of its components with the Cavalier it was based on. The 9-3 (based on the Vectra) shared even less! (figures courtesy of Top Gear).

So Sarah, if you love it, stick with it and pay what you can afford. And say bugger off to anyone who disagrees - it's your car and your money. And a few dings add character :D

You're a Saab driver Just Sarah? Who would have thought that? :suspect:;)

Thats been know on here for a bit. I bought if from this very forum as it happens. What are you getting at or are you just trolling again? Do i really have to go through the hassle of reporting more of your posts or are you just going to leave me alone now?

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 20:10 ----------

Thanks for the giggle guys ;)

The Saab 93 shared the floorpan of the Vectra, that's all. Even so, it was modified to Saab's exacting standards.

Saabs are great cars, I drove Saab convertibles for 15 years.

If looked after, a Saab will outlive the owner :cool:

When GM gave Saab a new model to launch, the Saab engineers went about

changing everything to make it good enough to wear the badge. That was probably their downfall, such were the delays getting the car ready for launch

the company went under.

The world has lost a great car maker.

The Saab 93 shared the floorpan of the Vectra, that's all. Even so, it was modified to Saab's exacting standards.

Saabs are great cars, I drove Saab convertibles for 15 years.

If looked after, a Saab will outlive the owner :cool:

When GM gave Saab a new model to launch, the Saab engineers went about

changing everything to make it good enough to wear the badge. That was probably their downfall, such were the delays getting the car ready for launch

the company went under.

The world has lost a great car maker.

Fab post! Very well put :)

When I read the thread title, I couldn't help but think that "Saab" was a euphemism for something. Just saying like...

When I read the thread title, I couldn't help but think that "Saab" was a euphemism for something. Just saying like...

The original title was deliberately made to seem like a euphemism

Unfortunately a mod came along and cleaned it up a bit :(

I had a 1998 Saab 9-5, which was one of the GM models, so if yours is only 11 years old, it must be a GM one surely?

Yes you're right

The 1998-2002 Saab 9-3 was based on a revised Saab 9000 platform, with a claimed 1100 changes made.

The Saab 9000 was build on the Vectra platform, so in essence the 9-3 is a tweaked Vectra platform.

The later 2002-2012 Saab 9-3 used all of the 'Epsilom' platform, it was pretty much a Vectra in a frock and it showed.

I'm pretty sure the story is same for the 9-5.

Yes you're right

The 1998-2002 Saab 9-3 was based on a revised Saab 9000 platform, with a claimed 1100 changes made.

The Saab 9000 was build on the Vectra platform, so in essence the 9-3 is a tweaked Vectra platform.

The later 2002-2012 Saab 9-3 used all of the 'Epsilom' platform, it was pretty much a Vectra in a frock and it showed.

I'm pretty sure the story is same for the 9-5.

Youd be wrong on that ;)

Youd be wrong on that ;)

The mark.2 9-5 was developed solely by epsilon GM Opel in Germany..