Feminism or Misandry?

A spectacular asset for what?

Can't believe you need me to tell you what an asset is.

Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value and that is held to have positive economic value is considered an asset. Simply stated, assets represent value of ownership that can be converted into cash. Simply put, "an asset is something that puts money in your pocket".

Can't believe you need me to tell you what an asset is.

Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value and that is held to have positive economic value is considered an asset. Simply stated, assets represent value of ownership that can be converted into cash. Simply put, "an asset is something that puts money in your pocket".

I never asked you to define asset, I asked what it is that you are an asset to?

Again, I'm going to call cobblers on your comments, Arr sez.

I don't want a man to "keep" me. I paid my own way when My ex and I went to the pub or out for a meal.

You DO want a man to keep you, ALL women do, you've just not managed to find one who will or can. That's on you. You may decide that what you have is as good as it's going to get and settle, other women jump ship when they feel their husbands have fallen short. And when they jump ship, they do so without any emotion.

As we know, rich men only physically desire hot younger women but there are not enough rich men out there so even these girls have to compete. Why do you think every single night of the week all over the country young females are getting dressed up to the nines to attend bars and clubs they believe premiership footballers attend and other celebrities. Because it's the surest and easiest way they have of gaining the possibility of a millionaire lifestyle in the quickest amount of time without having to work. And if they manage to have a child with said footballer, to the victor go the spoils for life. But finding a young single man with lots of money is very difficult, so worse case, they are happy to marry a rich older man.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 01:57 ----------

I never asked you to define asset, I asked what it is that you are an asset to?

I am an asset to freedom.

:hihi::hihi:

Ok, we've continued with the comedy, or tragedy depending on perspective.

The threads quite a serious one and we should draw a line at this point for it to carry on as so.

Well, on topic has been my point all along. Men are the oppressed ones. Men are expected to work their entire lives in a profession they've probably grown to hate just to keep their carefree wives and children "happy and stress-free". We die earlier than women but are expected to retire later. We only die earlier because we're freaking knackered from doing all the work.

Anyway, I've got to be up early so I'll leave it there. But when my morning begins, I'll jump right out of bed excited just as I always do because whatever my working day brings, the money I earn is only going to be spent on the lifestyle of one person. Get in.

You DO want a man to keep you, ALL women do, you've just not managed to find one who will or can. That's on you. You may decide that what you have is as good as it's going to get and settle, other women jump ship when they feel their husbands have fallen short. And when they jump ship, they do so without any emotion.

As we know, rich men only physically desire hot younger women but there are not enough rich men out there so even these girls have to compete. Why do you think every single night of the week all over the country young females are getting dressed up to the nines to attend bars and clubs they believe premiership footballers attend and other celebrities. Because it's the surest and easiest way they have of gaining the possibility of a millionaire lifestyle in the quickest amount of time without having to work. And if they manage to have a child with said footballer, to the victor go the spoils for life. But finding a young single man with lots of money is very difficult, so worse case, they are happy to marry a rich older man.

Now that (trolling) comment about "All women want to be kept etc " is just rowlocks and a prime example of misogynistic attitudes, And as offensive as all-get-out, to boot.

I'm not a "Settler" for something/ someone second best, nor will I put up with being treated like *I* am, either, and I find that comment utterly offensive too, especially when you don't even know me, or the kind of person I am.

I don't give a hoot about a chap having, or not having money (so long as he doesn't sponge off me) the "millionaire lifestyle" doesn't appeal. I'm happy with enough for my personal needs, and hopefully a little bit over, a little something that I can use to do good, (such as donate to charity). Enough is plenty.

Who wants to be dripping in diamonds? Who actually wants to be too afraid to go out in them, in case you lose a bracelet or an earring? I don't. As I said to the ex when he talked about wanting a Rolex watch as a birthday treat to himself " so if your watch says 3.30, and it is, actually 3.30, does it make it any better of a 3.30 just because the watch has the words 'Rolex' on the dial? NO?right then"

I mean, why spend five thousand pounds on a watch you would end up treating like bone-china?

I'd rather a fiver be spent on me, with care, and thoughtfulness, than an empty gesture of a gift costing five hundred pounds.

Looks aren't important either, for me, so long as he's genuine, and got a good intellect, and a caring personality. A person with "good" looks can be as shallow as hell, and vain, and that type of person is a total turn off.

I don't give a fig about "marrying some footballer"... Again, that shallow and vapid wag life is of no interest to me.

Of course, we can all joke that we want to marry a 99 year old billionaire with a dodgy ticker, but in truth I don't think riches actually make one a better person. I've found with may people, that the more money you have, often, the more unpleasant you are/ you become, and the meaner and more parsimonious you become, like Gollum with his ring, and his precious-s-s-sss.

I'm not a "Settler" for something/ someone second best, nor will I put up with being treated like *I* am, either, and I find that comment utterly offensive too, especially when you don't even know me, or the kind of person I am.

I don't give a hoot about a chap having, or not having money (so long as he doesn't sponge off me) the "millionaire lifestyle" doesn't appeal. I'm happy with enough for my personal needs, and hopefully a little bit over, a little something that I can use to do good, (such as donate to charity). Enough is plenty.

Who wants to be dripping in diamonds? Who actually wants to be too afraid to go out in them, in case you lose a bracelet or an earring? I don't. As I said to the ex when he talked about wanting a Rolex watch as a birthday treat to himself " so if your watch says 3.30, and it is, actually 3.30, does it make it any better of a 3.30 just because the watch has the words 'Rolex' on the dial? NO?right then"

I mean, why spend five thousand pounds on a watch you would end up treating like bone-china?

I'd rather a fiver be spent on me, with care, and thoughtfulness, than an empty gesture of a gift costing five hundred pounds.

Looks aren't important either, for me, so long as he's genuine, and got a good intellect, and a caring personality. A person with "good" looks can be as shallow as hell, and vain, and that type of person is a total turn off.

I don't give a fig about "marrying some footballer"... Again, that shallow and vapid wag life is of no interest to me.

Of course, we can all joke that we want to marry a 99 year old billionaire with a dodgy ticker, but in truth I don't think riches actually make one a better person. I've found with may people, that the more money you have, often, the more unpleasant you are/ you become, and the meaner and more parsimonious you become, like Gollum with his ring, and his precious-s-s-sss.

I don't need to know you as a person, you are woman. You are a settler because you HAVE settled. At some point you decided things were as good as they were going to get and you decided to stick instead of taking another card. Problem is, you stuck on 14 and have always wondered if you should have taken another, after all, you may have hit 21. Just like the millions of other women like you, life hasn't turned out quite like you always dreamed it would. That is life. At some point we all settle. I loved your, "as long as he doesn't sponge off me" remark. You mean like how women sponge off men every day forever. :rolleyes:

You don't want to be dripping in diamonds or attain vast possessions of material wealth because you resigned yourself long ago as someone who will never achieve those things. Remember, wealth and material possessions are an "achievement". Whether you achieve them or find someone else to achieve them for you, they are an achievement, they are rewards of something. You gave up on this level of achievement long ago so now tell yourself nonsense to make your settling feel ok. You're not alone in this but lets keep it real.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 02:58 ----------

Ok loner. :D

Hardly a loner, very interesting work with ambitious driven people all week. Nearly all men by the way.

Fun with the ladies on Friday / Saturday nights every other week. :hihi: Every other week because I'm just not willing to waste any more time than that on meeting my physical needs.

As a matter of interest has anybody on here had any personal experience of men being paid more than women in a work place?

I am talking about a situation where they have equal qualifications, equal experience, equal time in the job and where they haven't negotiated their own pay packages (in other words jobs with collective pay bargaining).

So, the same number of hours, (no piece work) doing exactly the same job, in exactly the same location.

Salaried jobs mind. No commission based work. And just for once, no quoting stats from either side. Just what you have seen yourself.

...............Anyone?