Eid Mubarak to all

Can anyone tell me if Eid is on Thursday or Friday please:)

Thanks, I tried that 1st:D but some say Thursday and others say Friday, that's why I asked:confused:

I think it depends on the moon or something like that, so it's never absolutely certain until the day. That could all be rubbish, but I think it's something like that.

The Islamic calendar is lunar and the days begin at sunset, so there may be one-day error depending on when the New Moon is first seen.

This should answer that for you: http://bit.ly/NSJHA5

As far as I know, the moon has not been sighted, yet, so we can't say for definite that the month of Ramadan has ended.

It has just been announced that the Muslim festival of Eid ul Fitr will be Tomorrow, Thursday 8th August.

Eid blessings to everyone.

Happy Eid PT and to all Muslims.

I don't get this thread. What's eid mubarak ?

Eid ul Fitr is the festival that marks the end of the month of "Ramadan", which is a month of Fasting for Muslims. (in the Islamic calendar)

Eid Mubarak just means "Blessings of Eid" or "happy Eid", it is a wish for wellbeing and happiness.

Eid ul Fitr is the festival that marks the end of the month of "Ramadan", which is a month of Fasting for Muslims. (in the Islamic calendar)

Eid Mubarak just means "Blessings of Eid" or "happy Eid", it is a wish for wellbeing and happiness.

When does this end?

How would Moslems plan ahead if they've no idea in advance when the month/Festival will begin? A serious (not flippant) question.

Thanks PT. :thumbsup:

Edit: Why was my question removed ?

Very odd.