The Bell Jar, London Road

So it is actually still open then ?

someone earlier posted a quote from their website but failed to provide a link. I have not seen it open for months. It would be nice to have some communication from the venue about whether it is still in business or not.

:)

It's very much open. I'm in there every couple of weeks - and meeting people there tomorrow.

It's sadly never been open once when I have walked past in MONTHS... Won't attract regular crowds each night, or weekend afternoons if they don't open regularly... Can't be having part time pubs, and a 'nice' pub is really needed on London Road

Sadly closed permanently according to facebook and sign in window.

Scholar also got a big business for sale sign above it.

Looks like pubs struggling down there at present.

Noticed the crown is sometimes closed in early week.

Sadly not surprised, that part of London Rd has become a bit suspect over the last 12 months and dare I say it thieves abound - I had my phone taken there last year and then my wallet this year in the vicinity of Barrys bar, admittedly I had a few beers but you wont find me venturing around there again if I dont feel safe !

The final tin cap was when the new owners who took over the Old Crown have did away with the Friday night karaoke bar for a dj break beats night which will get rid of some regulars :-(

Better areas of the city to go in these days on a friday night out sadly though I do wish all the businesses around there good luck , but you need to tighten up your door policies on the types of people let in :S

It was hardly ever open so not really a serious effort at the pub/bar business. It does make you wonder what the point of it was.