How do I make a complaint?

I assume Mainline was the name prior to privatisation so wont actually have been used in years, is this one of those twee Sheffield things then where people still call something by its old name years after its has changed it? Bit like "Cole Brothers" (which I just find plain bizarre)?

To be fair, the John Lewis in Nottingham is still widely known as "Jessops" even though it hasn't been called that for at least ten years.

Hang on a mo Just Sarah.

as YOU where pulling out of YOUR drive.

a bus who was already on the road and had right of way. etc etc.

its YOUR responsibility to ensure that the road is clear for you to pull onto. not the bus drivers responsibility to know what your plans are. he spotted someone making a dangerous manouever and he took evasive action.

Hang on a mo Just Sarah.

its YOUR responsibility to ensure that the road is clear for you to pull onto. not the bus drivers responsibility to know what your plans are. he spotted someone making a dangerous manouever and he took evasive action.

End of thread.

Hang on a mo Just Sarah.

He was pulling out of a bus stop about 150 yrds up my road.

By the time he was pulling out i was already in the middle of my manoeuvre.

So it was my right of way.

And even if it wasnt, he was going to fast, driving too reckless and will hopefully get some more training or be looking for another job.

its YOUR responsibility to ensure that the road is clear for you to pull onto.

And it was clear.

Right up until Mr Schumacher decided he was going for his fastest lap and the rest of the road users can be damned.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 11:03 ----------

End of thread.

Why would you say that?

In the time it took you to pull off your drive a bus set off from a bus stop and traveled 150 yards? How slow we're you pulling off your drive?

As someone else said, the bus has right of way as they were already on the road and you were pulling out onto the road in front of them. Who almost caused the crash again?

In the time it took you to pull off your drive a bus set off from a bus stop and traveled 150 yards? How slow we're you pulling off your drive?

As someone else said, the bus has right of way as they were already on the road and you were pulling out onto the road in front of them. Who almost caused the crash again?

You could always come over and watch the cctv.

Oh, did i not mention that before?

The front of my house is covered by camera

Come and judge for yourself.

Good old Sheffield forum a perfectly reasonable thread turned into sniping at op in so few posts.

By my very rough calculations, if the bus was going at 30mph it would have taken 10.2ish seconds to travel 150 yards.

You could always come over and watch the cctv.

Oh, did i not mention that before?

The front of my house is covered by camera

Come and judge for yourself.

You are guilty as charged!

By my very rough calculations, if the bus was going at 30mph it would have taken 10.2ish seconds to travel 150 yards.

From how I read the posts the bus was stationary at the bus stop to begin with, so you would have to take into account the acceleration period. Not sure of the exact numbers, but I'v never seen a bus accelerate overly quickly!

So apparently, a bus starting 150 yards away from the OP's drive setting off at the same time, has accelerated faster than the OP in I can only assume a car, to the point where the bus has over taken the OP? not convinced

Edited by jackgregory

Good old Sheffield forum a perfectly reasonable thread turned into sniping at op in so few posts.

Its something im learning to accept as being the way of things on sheffield forum.

Ill admit it gets frustrating but what can you do?

Its something im learning to accept as being the way of things on sheffield forum.

Ill admit it gets frustrating but what can you do?

Not start threads blaming somebody else for your own mistakes maybe?