Does Islam enrich the UK?

So no laws have been changed then? Incidentally, the state is a servant of the people, and if it can lawfully accommodate the interests of certain people without grievously affecting my life I couldn't give two hoots.

As they did the Muslims who abused our homecoming troops and the poppy burners.

They must have missed some of the rantings of Tommy Robinson, the racist chanting and Nazi salutes of some EDL members too then

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 17:37 ----------

The murderers were caught, tried, convicted and received life sentences with minimum terms between 23-25 years.

The murderers were caught, convicted and sentenced to life with minimum terms of 16 years.

No arrests have been made in regard to the murder of 75 year old grandfather, Mohammed Saleem in Birmingham.

That's true BF..And the big-headed gang leader involved in the burning of young lad got his comeuppance in prison..A nicely weighted dumbbell over his head..

That's true BF..And the big-headed gang leader involved in the burning of young lad got his comeuppance in prison..A nicely weighted dumbbell over his head..

I know I shouldn't...but it's a shame they didn't make him jump through burning hoops

I know I shouldn't...but it's a shame they didn't make him jump through burning hoops

:nono:

I do like your morbid humour...

You read the question very differently to me.

Islam is an ideology, it is an ideology that offers me nothing, it does not enrich my life at all.

Some Muslims I know do, but not because of Islam, just because they're nice blokes.

Do you think that Islam the ideology enriches the UK and in what way?

I think that again this is a false premise. "The UK": nigh on 70 million people, how can we talk about anything or anyone enriching 70 million people equally or even vaguely equally? The answer is entirely subjective, in other words some people will feel enriched by the religion of Islam (presumably those who have converted to it in particular), others will not. It's good to learn, but to learn we have to ask the right questions, I think the OP is asking the wrong question.

I think that again this is a false premise. "The UK": nigh on 70 million people, how can we talk about anything or anyone enriching 70 million people equally or even vaguely equally? The answer is entirely subjective, in other words some people will feel enriched by the religion of Islam (presumably those who have converted to it in particular), others will not. It's good to learn, but to learn we have to ask the right questions, I think the OP is asking the wrong question.

Supporting or demonising Islamification is more to do with your political beliefs. Those to left will always defend BME's and Ukippers will always look for ways to demonise BME's.

I think what I object to most in Islam is its arrogance, like fascism it propounds its "truth" to the exclusion of any other belief.

This is based on the "revealed truth" to a delusional middle aged man fifteen hundred years ago. Today he would be sectioned.

Christianity is no better, the version that we are now told is the "truth" is a cobbled together load of nonsense.

Buddhism does seem to have a ring of common sense to it, but then goes off into a mystical mumbo jumbo.

At least in Hiduism here is a recognition of humanities basic needs and desires, again t goes off into the mystical netherworld and loses credibility.

Consider this, there is no god, there is no heaven or hell, When we die we crumble, we go back to the earth as organic material or to smoke, Either way our remains nourish the earth and life returns as a result of our contribution.

Whilst we are alive, we should love each other, as hmans with no "god" overlooking or nterfering. Wouldnt the world be a better place if we just lived and let live and stopped justifying hatred through religion?

I think what I object to most in Islam is its arrogance, like fascism it propounds its "truth" to the exclusion of any other belief.

This is based on the "revealed truth" to a delusional middle aged man fifteen hundred years ago. Today he would be sectioned.

Christianity is no better, the version that we are now told is the "truth" is a cobbled together load of nonsense.

Buddhism does seem to have a ring of common sense to it, but then goes off into a mystical mumbo jumbo.

At least in Hiduism here is a recognition of humanities basic needs and desires, again t goes off into the mystical netherworld and loses credibility.

Consider this, there is no god, there is no heaven or hell, When we die we crumble, we go back to the earth as organic material or to smoke, Either way our remains nourish the earth and life returns as a result of our contribution.

Whilst we are alive, we should love each other, as hmans with no "god" overlooking or nterfering. Wouldnt the world be a better place if we just lived and let live and stopped justifying hatred through religion?

If you are going to continue preaching about "love" you might do better by expressing a little example of it yourself, instead of promoting discrimination with such generalising sweeping statements.

So no laws have been changed then? Incidentally, the state is a servant of the people, and if it can lawfully accommodate the interests of certain people without grievously affecting my life I couldn't give two hoots.

As they did the Muslims who abused our homecoming troops and the poppy burners.

They must have missed some of the rantings of Tommy Robinson, the racist chanting and Nazi salutes of some EDL members too then

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 17:37 ----------

The murderers were caught, tried, convicted and received life sentences with minimum terms between 23-25 years.

The murderers were caught, convicted and sentenced to life with minimum terms of 16 years.

No arrests have been made in regard to the murder of 75 year old grandfather, Mohammed Saleem in Birmingham.

What Racist Chanting?:suspect: and one or two mindless idiots out Thousands of EDL supporters! the EDL would never condone Nazi's they are a disgrace and not welcome in the EDL they are scum of the earth.

You do realize that UAF infiltrators have also done Nazi salutes to make the EDL! look bad they are real scum! of the Earth and the real Fascists as they proved these past 2 weeks in Sheffield.

2 weeks running we had peaceful walks and twice in 2 weeks the UAF tried causing a riot only this week their Muslim friends came in their hundreds to join them in trying to start a full scale riot.

The UAF and MDL Threw bottles and bricks at the Police as well as attacking innocent members of the public that had nothing to do with the EDL:loopy:

As for Islam it brings no benefits to the rest of Society and hate preachers like Anjem Choudary should either be locked up for life quite simply because he is scum of the earth.

What Racist Chanting?:suspect: and one or two mindless idiots out Thousands of EDL supporters! the EDL would never condone Nazi's they are a disgrace and not welcome in the EDL they are scum of the earth.
I did say "some" and italicised it so it was highlighted. Anyway here's a link to EDL supporters being fined for using racially abusive language

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9931281.South_West_Durham_men_with_links_to_English_Defence_League_fined_over_racist_chants_after_Middlesbrough_game/

You do realize that UAF infiltrators have also done Nazi salutes to make the EDL! look bad they are real scum! of the Earth and the real Fascists as they proved these past 2 weeks in Sheffield.

What's that got to do with anything? I've no more regard for the UAF than I do the EDL.

2 weeks running we had peaceful walks and twice in 2 weeks the UAF tried causing a riot only this week their Muslim friends came in their hundreds to join them in trying to start a full scale riot.

The UAF and MDL Threw bottles and bricks at the Police as well as attacking innocent members of the public that had nothing to do with the EDL:loopy:

..and what does that have to do with my post?

As for Islam it brings no benefits to the rest of Society.

A bit like your contributions here.

If you are going to continue preaching about "love" you might do better by expressing a little example of it yourself, instead of promoting discrimination with such generalising sweeping statements.

I do the very opposite of what you charge me with, I have not "discriminated in any way.

My attack is on the theory of religion, not those who have been brainwashed into believing it. For them I feel genuinely sorry.

The Catholic priest who, by being forced to be celibate is tormented and deviated towards pedophilia. The Muslim woman forced into a life of repression and servitude because 1500 years ago a man heard voices from god. The ongoing conflict and slaughter of Shia and Sunni, Catholic and Protestant, for what?

There is more evidence for the existence of fairies than for any "god", it is nonsense to pretend their is. If you want to argue the point fair enough, but please do not judge me as being discriminatory or seeking to insult or belittle anyone.

Iv yet to see any benefits Islam brings to any country let alone the UK.

Seems Tony Blair has an opinion on on the subject and says "There is a problem within Islam and we have to put it on the table and be honest about it. It has at its heart a view of religion that is not compatible with pluralistic, liberal, open-minded societies."

http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/lee-rigby-and-the-struggle-to-contain-violent-islamists-by-tony-blair

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Off-topic cross-refereence snipped