Sheffield housing waiting times?

Im just wondering if anyone knows were the shortest waiting times for areas / properties in sheffield?

I really need to move, i have been on the list for almost 4years now and have yet to be offered anything.

Has anyone been offered anywere who has a shorter waiting time then this?

I am only looking for a 1bed or even a studio, and i really am not that fussed on were abouts it is. I have been bidding on high rises thinking they would have a shorter waiting time but that is not working for me either!

Any help please?????

You won't be offered anything unless you bidding on suitable properties go to the property shop opposite Howden house in town and they will explain everything to you they also have First come first served properties

There are loads of properties that you'd be successful for, so I'm suspicious when you say you bid EVERYWHERE...

...but places like Gleadless, Winn Gardens and Burngreave have fairly low waiting times.

There are loads of properties that you'd be successful for, so I'm suspicious when you say you bid EVERYWHERE...

...but places like Gleadless, Winn Gardens and Burngreave have fairly low waiting times.

But places like Winn gardens are generally 3 bed maisonettes. The OP would not fit the bill.

Go on the property shop website, bidding ends on a Tuesday, new properties listed Wednesday morning. Check the 'first come first served' section too. One beds can sometimes pop up in there, a lot specify 60+ years but just keep looking and waiting.

I spent 10 years on the waiting list bidding whilst living in various private rented and still never got offered anything but good luck, I hope you find some where.

All the one beds on FCFS at present are age banded for over 60s. Some of the one beds that are advertised as waiting time are age banded, over 40, 55 or 60. Others are advertised for mobility or other priority. Most of the waiting times state 5-10 years, so it feasible that with 4 years the OP has had bids knocked back.

As single people and couples are now only eligible for one bedroomed properties (since April), there may also have been a higher demand for them, especially from people hit by the benefits reduction who are trying to downsize.

However, there are a couple of one bedroomed flats at Manor Park currently advertised with 0-5 years and no age banding so I suggest the OP bids on those. They aren't council though, they are Pennine Housing association.

Your waiting time would likely get you a one bed property however you are at the lower end of how long I would expect someone to have to wait so it may not be a quick thing by any means. However, now is a bad time to be looking for a one bed property as due to the benefit reforms that came into effect on 1st April, a lot of people are choosing to downsize which means one bed properties are now in high demand. This demand should die down in time and return largely to normal however this could take a while. Your best bet is to continue bidding on every one bed property advertised and hope for this best.

Shortest I have known recently, would be a 5 year wait for tower block at Gleadless, but that would be 3 years ago. With the sheer number of people on the list, the massive lack of property, the small turnaround and the giving of property to foreigners and native with homelessnes priority, you could be looking at a longer wait now.

It seems the waiting time required grows faster than time itself.

A few people I know have been getting their name down on the garage waiting lists, hoping to get a roof over their head, that way. A garage is better than nowt.