The Plough at Low Bradfield - now open again

The Old Horns has some cracking staff, the girls are always pleasant and very obliging, so I am sure the new pub will be the same ...why are people so negative when things change ..move on will you ..I go in the Old Horns on a regular basis and if I am treated poorly I wouldn't return, as I don't suffer fools .. well done guys and good luck with the new venture

As I have found from experience, when a pub changes hands it either goes down hill or improves. The Plough can only get better, good luck to them for making it more approachable and less " stuffy "

Country pubs in great settings are often better on the outside.The Plough managed to feel like a good local, despite the fact that not many of the people drinking there were local.

Do they still do the magnificent chip butties as with the Plough of old?

Hard to beat after a long walk and with a pint or two of Blonde to wash them down. Hard to beat after a short walk from the car park now I think about it..

Had a lovely meal at the Plough today, will definitely go back again.

It has a much better atmosphere than previously , well done.

Anyone remember The Haychatters pub just along the road at the bottom of the valley heading towards Strines? Closed now unfortunately

Anyone remember The Haychatters pub just along the road at the bottom of the valley heading towards Strines? Closed now unfortunately

Remember it clearly.

It was nothing to write home about and its demise and subsequent closure was no great loss.

Whitbread pub IIRC.

Could one of the mods change the title of this thread? Now that the Plough has reopened and getting good reviews, it's misleading for the thread title to have the word closed in it?

Could one of the mods change the title of this thread? Now that the Plough has reopened and getting good reviews, it's misleading for the thread title to have the word closed in it?
You need to report your own post, so they know. The mods aren't that likely to see this, unless they happen to read the thread.

You need to report your own post, so they know. The mods aren't that likely to see this, unless they happen to read the thread.

Done!!!!!!!!!

went to this pub the other day and is lovely outside, loving the chickens, my other half called one of the chickens, David Bowie chicken lol. just a quick check are dogs allowed inside? as previous owner allowed this? as got caught in a massive thunderstorm the other day as had to run back to the car which was on the other side of the reservoir.

I believe it is now owned by the greedy Hague family like everything else in Bradfield. I don't know about the management however.

I believe it is now owned by the greedy Hague family like everything else in Bradfield. I don't know about the management however.

Hmmmm someone jealous of someone's success.