Calling walkers in their 40s

I really would like to join a walking club to get me out of my post-divorce isolation but my problem is I work in the morning and have the afternoons fairly free but most of the organised walks i have read in this forum start in the morning so I cannot join them. It would seem that they are mostly catering for older people who are perhaps retired.

I am 43 and desperately wanting to meet new friends and I wonder if there are other people, perhaps like me who work from home, who would be interested in getting together in the afternoons for a trek, pub lunch, etc.? If you are like me and have kids, I was thinking about without the kids(!) but if there are other single dads out there with kids at a loose end I guess we could all go.

If there is anyone interested in this, now the weather seems to be improving, I would love to hear from you.

Nick

How old are your kids?

I have a daughter aged 4 and son aged 8. why?

we're just about getting back into walking now our daughter is 3

I have taken my kids for walks, just us, but that is not what I am suggesting!

id come along if a little group got together, my kids are grown so it'd just be me , but being new to the area id find it nice meeting people this way too, please post if anything takes off

i was planning it to be just me too! pie and mash sounds tempting at the end of a walk. Most of the walks I have seen on offer are in search of wildlife and sights or fungi even but i thought how nice it would be to have some good food and perhaps a small drink as the target. I love walking but perhaps a mature 'pub crawl' in the loosest sense would attract like-minded people as I do enjoy country pubs and there are many and many miles of beauty around Sheffield.

---------- Post added 12-04-2013 at 02:24 ----------

I have realised that there is not a great deal on offer out there for single people in their 40s who are a bit past nightclubs, etc. whether or not they have children. I have become used to going on walks with the family but now I am single again I have no one to do that sort of thing with and expect there are others in the same situation or simply think, yeah, that would be a nice way to meet people. So, I would like to invite any singles in their 40s or thereabouts to post on here to give their thoughts about maybe forming a group as I feel so unfit after this long winter but think that spring is happening?

Just get yourself along to any of the walks advertised on the group. There have been a few couples have got together just by attending walking group meets

I replied to your thread as we are interested in meeting new people, but we don't seem to meet your agenda. I don't think it was necessary to retort the way you did. I think this is part of the reason people wind up splitting up. They get careless with how they address people... but it's a recipe for staying single if it isn't addressed ;)

I wasn't intending to retort in anyparticular way but I think if you have never been divorced and had to be a single parent you cannot possibly know what you are talking about, with all due respect!

i know but i would like to find people who are available on afternoons.