Do you remember the penny tray

Do you remember the penny tray and what was in it also frozen jubblys

Anglo bubblies, Swizzles, Palmer Violets, Flying Saucers, Fizz Bombs, Fruit Salads and Black Jacks (two a penny), Bazooka Joe, Toffee Logs, Cola Bottles

Just a few off the top of my head.

How about the tiny Hovis loaves they used to sell for a penny? they were brilliant!

Back in the early 60's when I was growing up our local newsagent used to have a fireworks 'penny tray' a week or so approaching bonfire night.

Individual bangers, catherine wheels and other small fireworks all laid out on a tray that you could buy for a copper or two that you got from standing outside the pub with Guy Fawkes.

I can still remember the newsagent stood there - tray in front of him while us kids chose what we wanted - and him with a permanent fag in his mouth! - hope this gives the H&S geeks a worrying moment

Do you remember the penny tray and what was in it also frozen jubblys

I remember the penny tray and jubblys. Jubblys were an odd shape and if you squeezed wrapper too hard, the jubby shot out and ended up on the floor :)

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 17:46 ----------

Just googled jubby shape and it's a isosceles tetrahedron, came in a waxed paper wrapper if I remember :)

Every corner shop made ice lollies for a penny.

Also remember Love Hearts, Refreshers, Sherbert Fountain, Everlasting Strip and the terrible licorice root.

... and the terrible licorice root.
Yes - at first it was like chewing wood but if you persevered it got tastier. You can still buy it!.:)