Anyone recomend a good Indian restaurant?

In the town centre, open at lunchtimes on a Saturday and welcoming young children?

Our wedding anniversary and we really fancy some flavour!!!!

Seen really mixed reviews of Aagrah ..... there doesn't seem as though there are any others open for lunches??????

In the town centre, open at lunchtimes on a Saturday and welcoming young children?

Our wedding anniversary and we really fancy some flavour!!!!

Seen really mixed reviews of Aagrah ..... there doesn't seem as though there are any others open for lunches??????

Not sure for lunchtimes openings here are a few good ones tho butlers Balti, shapla are two good ones ! I've eaten lots of meals at Aagrah and will continue to do so usually good sometimes the curry can be a little hot you can request it to be made mild I would give it a try ! But what ever you do do not entertain nirmals on west st

Not sure for lunchtimes openings here are a few good ones tho butlers Balti, shapla are two good ones ! I've eaten lots of meals at Aagrah and will continue to do so usually good sometimes the curry can be a little hot you can request it to be made mild I would give it a try ! But what ever you do do not entertain nirmals on west st

Good old Nirmal. Is she still going? Not been there for years.

It used to be by far the best Indian restaurant in Sheffield at one time. Really different with lots of home-made special dishes that were really very nicely done. The last time I went in there she'd still got "good food guide" recommendations on the wall from 10 or 15 years previous. Nothing recent. Which kind of tells a story.

I think I stopped going because it became very expensive and the food very ordinary in the end. She was also very intrusive, often sitting down at your table and eating your pappadoms with you! :suspect: She'd always try and sell you the special dishes from a little blackboard - which had no indication of price - and then you'd get a nasty surprise with the bill.

I used to go regularly with my ex but when we split up and I went in with my new girlfriend it seemed to create a bit of an atmosphere. She waited till the new girlfriend went to the toilet and then came over and asked me where was the ex? She said the ex was a lovely girl and that I should have stayed with her. I ended up marrying the new girlfriend and am still with her now, so I think I made the right choice!

But Nirmal obviously disapproved at the time - and that was another reason I've never been back!

Good old Nirmal. Is she still going? Not been there for years.

It used to be by far the best Indian restaurant in Sheffield at one time. Really different with lots of home-made special dishes that were really very nicely done. The last time I went in there she'd still got "good food guide" recommendations on the wall from 10 or 15 years previous. Nothing recent. Which kind of tells a story.

I think I stopped going because it became very expensive and the food very ordinary in the end. She was also very intrusive, often sitting down at your table and eating your pappadoms with you! :suspect: She'd always try and sell you the special dishes from a little blackboard - which had no indication of price - and then you'd get a nasty surprise with the bill.

I used to go regularly with my ex but when we split up and I went in with my new girlfriend it seemed to create a bit of an atmosphere. She waited till the new girlfriend went to the toilet and then came over and asked me where was the ex? She said the ex was a lovely girl and that I should have stayed with her. I ended up marrying the new girlfriend and am still with her now, so I think I made the right choice!

But Nirmal obviously disapproved at the time - and that was another reason I've never been back!

Nice story glad it ended well for you! but nothing has changed at nirmals tho infact its even worst will never go again read the tripadviser stuff about her its exactly as you said it.

Viraaj on Woodseats, by far the best Indian in Sheffield, kids always made welcome.

Viraaj on Woodseats, by far the best Indian in Sheffield, kids always made welcome.

Is that the one across the road from Dilshad ? i've eaten at Dilshad many times . If its the same place i'm thinking of rumour had it that Viraaj was owned by the same people as Dilshad , it's got good trip advisor reviews, ill take your advice and give it a try.

Dilshad is no more, but has opened under another name. Viraaj is run by members of same family, food and service are superb.

Juwel at meadowhall retail park is good

Jewel down at meadowhall retail another one on my list it has good reviews that many opening now days cant get round them all

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 17:17 ----------

Dilshad is no more, but has opened under another name. Viraaj is run by members of same family, food and service are superb.

Thanks its same as i said then , it's owned by the same family as Dilshad

Can anyone reccommed a good indian in north Sheffield, we live at chapletown and the Bayleaves at Ecclesfield isitn doing the trick. The other one that used to be the pub near Morrisons aint brilliant.

We used to live at Crooks and were spoilt for choice with the number of eateries on our doorstep

Thanks

Can anyone reccommed a good indian in north Sheffield, we live at chapletown and the Bayleaves at Ecclesfield isitn doing the trick. The other one that used to be the pub near Morrisons aint brilliant.

We used to live at Crooks and were spoilt for choice with the number of eateries on our doorstep

Thanks

Give the Dilraj a try, it's at Dodworth Barnsley,

Also Rajput at commonside walkley , i visited this one more recently and i found it to be quite satisfactory.

Edited by allwednesday

The Elachi at Hoyland is spot on ! :)