Anyone worked at Edexcell in Hellaby?

They are advertising positions at Hellaby for Edexcel, the exam governing body.

Starting in May.

I'm tempted to apply even though sadly, it's not permanent so may have to involve going off and on JSA when the contract finishes.

Anybody worked there? What's the routine like?

My husband did a few months there about five years ago. It wasn't as well paid as the job he had been made redundant from but he enjoyed it. He said there were quite a few people who retired early who just wanted temp or seasonal work. In addition to those, there were quite a few people who had left uni and were working there while looking for full time work.

If you ask a specific question I will ask him to answer it.

Contact Jobi-Wan on here. She works there. Amazing company to work for from what i gather. Temp positions are a easy way to generate some cash. You work in shifts i think. an AM shift and then a PM shift.

I've searched for her but her last activity date is from 2009?

My husband did a few months there about five years ago. It wasn't as well paid as the job he had been made redundant from but he enjoyed it. He said there were quite a few people who retired early who just wanted temp or seasonal work. In addition to those, there were quite a few people who had left uni and were working there while looking for full time work.

If you ask a specific question I will ask him to answer it.

What is the day to day routine like?

Secondly, what's public transport like in the area?

Thank you.

[quote

What is the day to day routine like?

Secondly, what's public transport like in the area?

He didn't use public transport, we only live four miles away and he used our car. I don't know where you live but I know its on the main bus route from Rotherham to Maltby.

He was given different things to do every few days. Some supervisors were good, others not too organised but he didn't need spoonfeeding so it wasn't a problem. Its a bit repetative, things have to be done in a certain way. He seemed to like it better than sitting at home on jobseekers allowance. I didn't think he would cope with it as he had a really well paid job with a lot of responsibility but he seemed to enjoy the routine of working and mixing with his colleagues instead of being sat at home. He went back to his former employer when another job came up so he only did a few months.

Archived