Anyone seen anything suspicious on Marlcliffe Road

About 9.15 this morning a car with 3 lads in it stopped along Marlcliffe Road (near The Drive), two of them were spotted walking around my car. They then smashed my car window and stole a Stihl Hedge Cutter (bright orange in colour) which I had just that minute put in the car. Did anyone see anything or have more details of the car involved? The Hedge Cutter has identifiable markings. The police have been informed. The car sped along Marlcliffe towards Langset Avenue (may have gone up Vainor Road or straight on). I will be very grateful for any information anyone can give. Thanks.

Edited by jayke

Any discription of the car?

No. The lady who saw it just said the car was a dark colour. They had parked the car at the bottom of The Drive on Marlcliffe with the driver in the car waiting.

About 9.15 this morning a car with 3 lads in it stopped along Marlcliffe Road (near The Drive), two of them were spotted walking around my car. They then smashed my car window and stole a Stihl Hedge Cutter (bright orange in colour) which I had just that minute put in the car. Did anyone see anything or have more details of the car involved? The Hedge Cutter has identifiable markings. The police have been informed. The car sped along Marlcliffe towards Langset Avenue (may have gone up Vainor Road or straight on). I will be very grateful for any information anyone can give. Thanks.

Can't get any more suspicious than that?

No. The lady who saw it just said the car was a dark colour. They had parked the car at the bottom of The Drive on Marlcliffe with the driver in the car waiting.

Sorry to hear that.

What a missed opportunity... why on earth didn't the lady think to note the reg number.

Maybe you could take the lady in your car to see if she could recognise the theives' car? Dyke Vale seems a good place to start, or the Middlewood Estate.

Sometimes you just have to do the detective work yourself, because our boys in blue are just too busy with more important stuff?

This is the 4th theft targeting landscaping kit that I'm aware of in the two weeks since I got turned over, all s6 or s10. The car I had suspicions about was a dark blue family size car on an 06 plate I think. The police don't give a toss, the sooner one of catches them at it the better.

Thanks to the person who sent the private message. I can't reply as I haven't enough posts on the site and it doesn't allow it. But just wanted to thank you and to say I will be keeping my eyes open for the vehicle.

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 11:13 ----------

This is the 4th theft targeting landscaping kit that I'm aware of in the two weeks since I got turned over, all s6 or s10. The car I had suspicions about was a dark blue family size car on an 06 plate I think. The police don't give a toss, the sooner one of catches them at it the better.

It's very difficult for gardeners to make any money at all due to thefts of expensive gear - no matter how careful you are! This particular hedge cutter (top of the range) sells for over £400. Just can't afford to keep replacing equipment like this.

Edited by jayke

Unless it's changed recently you need 5 posts to be able to send pm's, so you should be able to reply to the one you got now.

Have you contacted the school? they might have CCTV which covers part of the road.

You may get lucky.

have you asked at the "the drive" club at the top of the drive itself the car may have turned around in their car park or have cctv coverage

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 14:40 ----------

there were a couple of sheds on laird broke into last week too

No because the car was parked at the bottom of the Drive beyond CCTV coverage and it sped off in the direction it was pointing - towards Marlcliffe School. We do know someone though with CCTV on Marlcliffe Rd and he is checking it out for us. Fingers crossed.

It's not the item for sale on here is it ? :suspect:

If not this may keep you working.

Edited by shaunfl