Council street lights

Can any one point me in the right direction as to where to complain about the street lights on our road. When we had the big freeze before Christmas someone knocked down the street light opposite our house. This in turn hasn't been repaired and now our roads in total darkness some t%#t decided to break into my work van

Someone told me the other day that Amey are behind programme to the tune of 2000 replacement lighting columns and are losing money hand over fist on the highways PFI to such an extent there are internal rumours they are considering pulling out of the contract.

Apparently they aren't doing various things they are supposed to be doing and getting several (lots?) of £5k and £10k fines imposed on them by SCC for failing to perform.

Now that would make life interesting if it were true. Anyone know any more on this?

Someone told me the other day that Amey are behind programme to the tune of 2000 replacement lighting columns and are losing money hand over fist on the highways PFI to such an extent there are internal rumours they are considering pulling out of the contract.

Apparently they aren't doing various things they are supposed to be doing and getting several (lots?) of £5k and £10k fines imposed on them by SCC for failing to perform.

Now that would make life interesting if it were true. Anyone know any more on this?

I suspect its just a rumour started down the pub by someone.

Its a 25 year contract and doubt they could just 'pull out'. And even if they could, they'd be finished as a business because their reputation would be ruined and they'd never get another contract anywhere.

They are a very large multi-national company. Whilst large, the Sheffield PFI is not a huge percentage of their business by any means.

A contract this size though, going into a organisation as effective (cough) as Street Farce was? Bound to be a bumpy ride for the first 6 months to a year.

They are a very large multi-national company. Whilst large, the Sheffield PFI is not a huge percentage of their business by any means.

A contract this size though, going into a organisation as effective (cough) as Street Farce was? Bound to be a bumpy ride for the first 6 months to a year.

They're even bigger now Enterprise comes under Amey's wing.It's their reputation they'd be more concerned about, rather than the financial loss. If they threw in the towel (although I doubt that's an option) they'd never win another contract of any real worth again.

Agreed, the first year was always going to be a rough ride.