Help or advice needed

I purchased a bathroom suit from a popular retailer in rotherham 5 weeks ago, Ive had it installed by a qualified plumber however the shower door leaks badly. its a manufacturing issue ( or so the plumber says) and I'm confident that is the case. The plumber has even held off taking payment from me until this is resolved.

Thats where the problems are, I'm getting the run around by the company and feel somewhat intimidated as they don't want to know.

can anyone advise or throw light on what would help?

I purchased a bathroom suit from a popular retailer in rotherham 5 weeks ago, Ive had it installed by a qualified plumber however the shower door leaks badly. its a manufacturing issue ( or so the plumber says) and I'm confident that is the case. The plumber has even held off taking payment from me until this is resolved.

Thats where the problems are, I'm getting the run around by the company and feel somewhat intimidated as they don't want to know.

Is this the retailer on Effingham Street?.

It's clearly not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. For the first 6 months it's up to them to prove that the item wasn't faulty when you bought it.

Is this the retailer on Effingham Street?.

who would that be?

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 20:36 ----------

It's clearly not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. For the first 6 months it's up to them to prove that the item wasn't faulty when you bought it.

Thanks ever so much for the messages I will take it up.

who would that be?

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 20:36 ----------

Thanks ever so much for the messages I will take it up.

Now Now you know you can't name and shame on here without feeling the wrath of the gods, but there used to be a large removal firm in Sheffield that used dark blue vans to move furniture, and low loader lorries to move very heavy equipment, the firm bore the same name as the shop on Effingham Street Rotherham.

Now Now you know you can't name and shame on here without feeling the wrath of the gods, but there used to be a large removal firm in Sheffield that used dark blue vans to move furniture, and low loader lorries to move very heavy equipment, the firm bore the same name as the shop on Effingham Street Rotherham.

He means Pickfords, by the way.

It's clearly not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. ..........

It's not clear at all.

That may well be the case, Have you had the same experience? or can you cast any light on how to deal with people who clearly don't give two hoots about after sales or customer care?

That may well be the case, Have you had the same experience? or can you cast any light on how to deal with people who clearly don't give two hoots about after sales or customer care?

Here is what you need to do.

It sounds like you have tried to resolve the issue with the retailer-perhaps by phone or in person.

Ask your installer (plumber) to provide a statement of what is wrong (or type it up yourself and ask him to sign it)-even better if you can print it out on one of his letterheads.

Put your complaint in writing to the retailer giving them 14 days to either rectify the problem (or issue a full refund plus out of pocket expenses) informing them that if your request has not been met within this 14 day period you will be issuing a summons in the county court (small claims court). Send any letter via recorded delivery & keep a photo-copy of everything you send them.

Edited by Janus