When can you put a offer in ?

We think we have seen a house we want to buy. we have one to sell. we are getting it ready to sell at the mo., hoping mid week we will get someone to come and value it.

when can we put a offer in for this house. now, ??or not til ours has been sold. or as soon as we have a sale sign outside.

???

I think you can tecnically put in an offer any time, but your chances will be greatly reduced when the seller finds out your house is not any where near completion / not even on the market! If I had 2 people wanting to buy my house I would pick the one who was resady to move.

Whenever you want, is the answer. Some people sell their house first and others wait until they've found the right house to buy. The choice is yours depending on whether you are moving because you don't like your house, in which case sell first or, if you've found your ideal house, put your bid in straight away.

We have been twice to look at this house. there is no other offers on it. it has been for sale a good few months now I think.

Our house will appear to first time buyers, a 2 bedroomed semi.

I hope so. :thumbsup:

I think the house has been for sale about 4 or 5 months. is that not good as it has not sold yet.

but the house is spot on inside. nothing wrrong with it.

so I dont know why it has not sold. do you think there must be a problem with it!!! ??

Not in all cases.

If you like the place then go ahead and put an offer in.

If there are problems lurking in the woodwork, they'll be pretty evident by the time it comes round to surveys and searches and then you can deal with them in turn.

It's all part of the process, and remember that you can always pull out if there does turn out to be a horrendous problem with the place.