How many Sheffielders go to Skegness on holiday?

Rampent

As a kid back in the 70's & 80's, i had many many a good fun holiday at Chavegas. Back then when you had to run across the site for a piddle or a wash after skating across the Oil slick *cough* Beach, had a certain charm to it..... But now...

Now, Skeggy and its neighbouring 'resorts' are little more than hell on Earth. As Penistone says.. Wall to wall slot machines, pubs, chip shops and tat shops that oddly enough, all seem to display adult sex toys like vibrators and buttplugs right next to little girls fake Barbie toys. The place is the pits now and worthy only of a day trip at the most.

On one such day trip there a couple of years ago, stood in a queue at a Cookie stall at Fantasy island, the stall keeper asked the Fat Chav in front wearing his £4 Tesco jeans, which of the Cookies he would like (Chocolate or Buttermilk)... The Chav replied to huge amusement to his cronies... "Oh... Giz 2 coons and a whitey!"

Roll up tabs and special brew paradise.

As a kid back in the 70's & 80's, i had many many a good fun holiday at Chavegas. Back then when you had to run across the site for a piddle or a wash after skating across the Oil slick *cough* Beach, had a certain charm to it..... But now...

Now, Skeggy and its neighbouring 'resorts' are little more than hell on Earth. As Penistone says.. Wall to wall slot machines, pubs, chip shops and tat shops that oddly enough, all seem to display adult sex toys like vibrators and buttplugs right next to little girls fake Barbie toys. The place is the pits now and worthy only of a day trip at the most.

On one such day trip there a couple of years ago, stood in a queue at a Cookie stall at Fantasy island, the stall keeper asked the Fat Chav in front wearing his £4 Tesco jeans, which of the Cookies he would like (Chocolate or Buttermilk)... The Chav replied to huge amusement to his cronies... "Oh... Giz 2 coons and a whitey!"

Roll up tabs and special brew paradise.

It has some nice parks :huh:

Love this post, how true! What is it with tens of furry animals dangling from the handlebars? Ha, ah!!! Funniest one I saw was in Bridlington down by the harbour, a woman with two oxygen cylinders welded to the back of a mobility scooter, two plastic pipes from the cylinders going up her nose and her roll up paraphinalia in the front basket ... doh!!!

Oh how much fun it must be to have to use oxygen permanently, be unable to walk...............probably at best COPD, at worst, cancer. And you found this FUNNY ????? :loopy:

She probably smoked because it was too far gone to make any difference. You have said you love this post, laughing at the poor sods on mobility scooters and their furry animals. You are so sad I feel sorry for you. Get a life. And mods, before judging me, read the cruel drivel posted by this member. :roll:

Oh how much fun it must be to have to use oxygen permanently, be unable to walk...............probably at best COPD, at worst, cancer. And you found this FUNNY ????? :loopy:

She probably smoked because it was too far gone to make any difference. You have said you love this post, laughing at the poor sods on mobility scooters and their furry animals. You are so sad I feel sorry for you. Get a life. And mods, before judging me, read the cruel drivel posted by this member. :roll:

The woman sounds a bit like Fred Dibnah,eccentric and prone to improvise.I found Fred Dibnah mildly amusing,but would not think he would be offended by this.Do you not think the woman was an attention-seeker like FD?

The woman sounds a bit like Fred Dibnah,eccentric and prone to improvise.I found Fred Dibnah mildly amusing,but would not think he would be offended by this.Do you not think the woman was an attention-seeker like FD?

Attention seeker ? No I should think the poor woman was just trying to get on with her life the best she could.

I'm with Penistone on this one (although I like Rampent, who I suspect has a caravan in Skegvegas :suspect:). In the Yorkshire Dales, candyfloss turns into handmade chocolates, a caravan magically turns into a sixteenth century cottage (with Wi-fi) and greasy fish and chips turn into venison stew (or along those lines).

I'm not snobbish in any way ... just that when I go away, I like to do stuff that I can't do in Sheffield. (OK, I know Sheffield hasn't got a beach as such, but Arnold Laver's have a lot of bags of sand ... hardly a holiday though, eh?).

I love walking and have Derbyshire within visible distance of 'Area 51 and a half' at all times (unless it's foggy or my curtains are closed or it's gone dark ... in which case I can't see it at all). I take full advantage of that. (the 'walking in Derbyshire' bit ... not the 'closed curtains' ... Jeez, I'm making a fool of myself here for no apparent reason).

The Dales are brilliant ... I love Malham Cove and I love Kilnsey and Kettlewell and everything in-between . The serenity (apart from major tinnitus problems ... oxymoron) is sublime. Give me that any day as opposed to Skegvegas! :)