Trusting people with no prove.

I have done a job for someone today who have been let down, Before anyone starts the company was not from Sheffield Forum. Why do people hire these cowboys who only have a mobile number and no web address, address or recommendation. For a start these people if they haven't a proper address or website what makes you think there going to have the correct insurance. Imagine filling the van with all your possessions and them driving off what have you got a mobile number and a dodgy number plate.

No they just didn't turn up after being booked for two weeks and not answering the phone. What I am getting at is what is to stop these people filling up the van pretending to move you and driving off, when the only info you have on them is a name, mobile number and possibly a dodgy number plate.

No they just didn't turn up after being booked for two weeks and not answering the phone. What I am getting at is what is to stop these people filling up the van pretending to move you and driving off, when the only info you have on them is a name, mobile number and possibly a dodgy number plate.

Having a domain and website wouldn't stop someone doing exactly the same if they wanted, plenty can be made quickly and anonymously.

I'm often let down even by legit or big name companies. Usually down to communication errors or they simply can't be bothered to make the effort.

Example, after Christmas, wifey went to HMV to buy me something which I had seen on a display stand near the pay counter, in the rear of the store. She went down to get one, they said they didn't have any. I rang up to check this, they confirmed they didn't have any and couldn't tell me when they would get more.

As it happens I had to go to the bank, at Meadowhall that night, so I called in to the same HMV store. There was a display stand full of said items.

Same story with other shops plumbers, electricians, builders, even suppliers to my business. It just seems like a lot of people in England can be bothered to do their job properly (if at all).

Not only that, it gives others in the same trade(s) a bad name, as you may have found yourself.

How do you know he isn't dead?

Archived