Legal advice needed - Noisy neighbours

Hi,

We are having problems with our next door neighbours who are currently renting their property from a private landlord.

We have informed the landlord and stated that we have recordings to play to him however he says if theirs a problem take it up with the appropriate authorities.

We have been experiencing frequent shouting, screaming and noise nusance which has been ongoing for more than 10 months.

The majority have been logged, recorded and police / social services have been informed.

Can anyone PM for some advice i need to clarify to see if we have a good case to take this to court as this really needs resolving?

Many Thanks

(I will discuss more in detail via PM)

If you've spoken to the police then didn't they tell you who you could turn too? I'd imagine that before court comes into it then the council noise abatement team or whatever they're called nowadays might be a good place to start

so this as been going on for over a year and half,unless you have had a change of neighbours

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 17:04 ----------

If you've spoken to the police then didn't they tell you who you could turn too? I'd imagine that before court comes into it then the council noise abatement team or whatever they're called nowadays might be a good place to start

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=802900

Im glad i dont live next to a trouble causing busy body like you.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=802900

Same neighbours?

no different neighbours spikey head if i was to state that the noise caused previously was made by a running machine in the living room on laminate flooring would that picture the scene better for u? Your telling me that noise at 6:30am everyday was acceptable? especially with my girlfriend being pregnant at the time.

Thanks for looking at my past post.

please refer to my current situation which ironically is still owned be the previous posts family

Thanks

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Sorry you're having problems Grantos01 -- noise can be a real nuisance.

I don't have any special knowledge myself, but I think the Council's page on the subject is surprisingly good.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/pollution/noise-pollution/domestic.html

Lots of suggestions on there, hope you find something that works for you.

Just to confirm what the previous post said. the councils page on this is indeed excellent.

Just to confirm what the previous post said. the councils page on this is indeed excellent.

Its just a shame that it goes no further than being a good page.

The councils are a waste of time.Theres only one way to deal with noisy neighbours.

Keep a diary for a couple of weeks at least. Try the council's website, there is something on there about noise nuisance and environmental health: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/pollution/noise-pollution/domestic

I'm assuming that you have tried talking to them? I know it seems like the last thing you might want to do, but the council may ask the same question. Ignore the trolls on here, they haven't got anywhere better to be.