DJ at Royal Victoria

Hello everyone,

I am in the middle of planning mine and my partner's wedding. We have the reception booked at the Royal Victoria and noticed that as part of their service they can provide a DJ.

I haven't a first clue as to who is and isn't a good DJ in and around Sheffield. So I was wondering if anyone here had taken advantage of the DJ being provided here, and were they any good?

I would advise you to ask to meet them in advance so you can discuss the music you want playing and get a feel of whether they will listen to you and work with you. Any decent DJ will ask for a list of songs that you want playing and will work out the timings with you. If you get a sixth sense that things won't be quite right then speak to the venue. It's so important that the DJ will play your music and that you can build a relationship with them so the night can be perfect.

I would advise you to ask to meet them in advance so you can discuss the music you want playing and get a feel of whether they will listen to you and work with you. Any decent DJ will ask for a list of songs that you want playing and will work out the timings with you. If you get a sixth sense that things won't be quite right then speak to the venue. It's so important that the DJ will play your music and that you can build a relationship with them so the night can be perfect.

What she said...

I agree 100% :thumbsup:

I had the venues own dj at my wedding (different place) and he was appalling - as "classic rock" will tell you...

But that won't work if it's going to be a different DJ from the night you gate crash.

In that case ask the venue to contact the organiser of the DJs and get a specific DJ nominated to you. If they are unsuitable, ask for another. I suppose it's a bit like a job interview. You're paying for it after all.....