Experiences of Tramadol?

Moonbird

I was given Tramadol and I got the best nights sleep free of pain that I've had for months or more, I had a bit of a dizzy feeling but it was nothing much...I took another one in the morning and by 2pm I felt sooo ill, I felt very sick and almost was, I was like that for the rest of the day.

The next day my sinus's, eyes and nose hurt really badly , tummy a bit upside down but better, the next day was like a cold...it suddenly disappeared over night, but I have never felt so ill and drained.

I don't know what to think is this the Tramadol or just some bug that I picked up, any experiences welcome as I really need to find a good pain killer and nothing works for me they all make me ill :(

I prescribe this quite a lot. Some people get on with it really well. a few don't. To be honest the sinus, nose and eye trouble doesn't sound typical of the problems people have with it. Dizzy and sick is a common reaction. It is possible you've been unlucky and had a virous at the same time as starting it, or one of those people who are very sensitive. what dose were you given?

I prescribe this quite a lot. Some people get on with it really well. a few don't. To be honest the sinus, nose and eye trouble doesn't sound typical of the problems people have with it. Dizzy and sick is a common reaction. It is possible you've been unlucky and had a virous at the same time as starting it, or one of those people who are very sensitive. what dose were you given?

Its a low dose 50mg, I do tend to be very sensitive to medicines, I begin to despair that I will ever find anything to help to be honest...its very depressing and exhausting :(

a lot of people are fine with it, tends to be less constipating than codeine

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 00:10 ----------

Its a low dose 50mg, I do tend to be very sensitive to medicines, I begin to despair that I will ever find anything to help to be honest...its very depressing and exhausting :(

Why not give it a couple of days. It may take you a little time to get used to it. Have the prescribers taken into account any other meds you're taking? It can react badly with some anti depressents for instance

a lot of people are fine with it, tends to be less constipating than codeine

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 00:10 ----------

Why not give it a couple of days. It may take you a little time to get used to it. Have the prescribers taken into account any other meds you're taking? It can react badly with some anti depressents for instance

Hmm, well I had started to take St Johns Wort and I wonder if that didn't help but not taken it since I felt ill :hihi: I also sometimes take antihistamines for allergies, otherwise I don't take anything.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 00:15 ----------

Tbh if i've the spare money i self prescribe a natural remedy :hihi: that has an even better effect with no morning after troubles, though that too isn't for everyone.

I would need to take the "natural remedy" orally so not sure how that would work :hihi: and no clue where I would find the said remedy...you would never think that I live on Shiregreen would you :D

Hmm, well I had started to take St Johns Wort and I wonder if that didn't help but not taken it since I felt ill :hihi: I also sometimes take antihistamines for allergies, otherwise I don't take anything.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 00:15 ----------

I would need to take the "natural remedy" orally so not sure how that would work :hihi:

There's quite a few recipes it can be incorporated into. :thumbsup:

Asda double choc cookie mix is the best in my experience, but be warned, they are moreish. :hihi: