Sheaf Valley Baths - Top Splash

Jug Ears

Yep did go of top only jump though I thought it was 10m it looked it from top. maybe was only 5m. Anybody remember the sauna under the baths . we used to go in thursday night after shirecliffe college a good steaming and hot rooms if you were brave some gezzer get you on the slabs and rub you down with a hard brush (not for me) . The colour of there skin and rash marks when they came of made me shiver. all for a few shillings. Then it was of down town start in crazy daisy cause it was nurse`s night out wall to wall angels . Thats in the 70s brill days .

Edited by cliffsharky
spelling

Any idea of the height of the 'top splash'?

I remember a joke about kids in a swimming pool, it goes like this --- 'Oh look at little Jimmy he's making wee wee in the water', --- a person answers, --- 'don't worry, you know boys will be boys' --- answer back --- 'but he's doing it from the top splash' --- Now I told that joke here and it fell flat because 'top splash' doesn't mean anything, you have to switch it and say 'high diving board'. Comedian, I am not but I try.

Edited by fleetwood

both my son and daughter used to dive for sheffield diving club based at sheaf valley,they used to do a dive of top board where one sat on the divers shoulders then one on top of theirs my son was allways the top one with his head right up to the ceiling window then they would all fall forward and into their dive.heart stopping stuff for me watching

• 1 month later...
Anyone remember the rolf harris painting hung on the wall what happen to it when they pull down the baths

Yes I remember the Rolf Harris picture and going swimming with Darren Wright and Glyn Rhodes MBE AND THEM DIVING OFF AND ME ONLY JUMPING.Still dissapointed with myself:confused: