11 aside friendly (lillies dream) 29/06

Please mention and encourage people to attend A Charity football game for "Lillie's Wish To Walk" kick off 11am - at Thorncliffe Sports & Community Club - Free entry, great raffle prizes etc.

Send your message to 63103.

Great idea Laurie - will do on day, see you later

Just been asked by the committee at thorncliffe pub to see if the pitch is booked for this game as you csn be fined up to £1000

!

Also they were very keen on this idea and I think we may have a few prize s coming off them for the raffle. But will confirm this.

im also going to get a bucket on the bar for raising money but on me as a players behalf but I really need a poster to advertise. Do we have any ??

Just been asked by the committee at thorncliffe pub to see if the pitch is booked for this game as you csn be fined up to £1000!

What do you mean?

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 07:20 ----------

Just been asked by the committee at im also going to get a bucket on the bar for raising money but on me as a players behalf but I really need a poster to advertise. Do we have any ??

Potlegs has some

Hi Lewis, Yes, Carol Taylor at the FA is aware of the venue, if that's what you mean? Luke - Webby - made the arrangements with Thorncliffe for us.

I can email you the poster if you pm me or nip over with a couple as I would like to come see the pitch and check out where I park and how far I have to carry stuff etc. I need to put a couple of tables up and was hoping to speak to someone at Thorncliffe in the next day or so. Did you say your Mrs works is assistant manager? Could I speak to her do you think? It's all sounding great at that end :) Will pm you my mobile number. Am at work today and it's difficult to get on the Forum from the office - it's frowned upon going on anything other than government websites :(

Morning Laurie:wave: I forgot to leave football pump with you, do you need it before match day?

Hi Lewis, Yes, Carol Taylor at the FA is aware of the venue, if that's what you mean? Luke - Webby - made the arrangements with Thorncliffe for us.

I can email you the poster if you pm me or nip over with a couple as I would like to come see the pitch and check out where I park and how far I have to carry stuff etc. I need to put a couple of tables up and was hoping to speak to someone at Thorncliffe in the next day or so. Did you say your Mrs works is assistant manager? Could I speak to her do you think? It's all sounding great at that end :) Will pm you my mobile number. Am at work today and it's difficult to get on the Forum from the office - it's frowned upon going on anything other than government websites :(

I'm pretty sure the pitch is council owned, all those at the back of the Thorncliffe.

I think that it was they meant as you would need to go through David Judge for that. If you haven't already, it could throw another spanner in the works as I can only get Concord or Graves Park for friendlies! Thorncliffe will pay the council for the pitch same as other teams do in the area. Thorncliffe pub will offer to host it but they have no responsibility over the pitch, neither do Sheffield FA.

Best check!

Think this is sorted tbh from what my pal at Thorncliffe says.

Not sure why council need to be informed, how could they stop 22 pals having a kick about ???

Bladeseela ...do you still need posters? just been too busy at work so it slipped my mind?

Think this is sorted tbh from what my pal at Thorncliffe says.

Not sure why council need to be informed, how could they stop 22 pals having a kick about ???

Bladeseela ...do you still need posters? just been too busy at work so it slipped my mind?

I have them now and have them up in the thorncliffe also on my bucket for my own sponsorship :)

I met laurie up there this evening. Also said I will help set up on day before I play :)

Cant wait now

Me neither, going to ask Travellers at EcclesfIeld tomorrow if I can put poster in there and I have got another tombola prize and a promise of some more from B and Ms - going to fetch them tomorrow:D

'Evening Denlin :wave:- sterling work on the tombola prizes. :bigsmile: As discussed will nip in and see you tomorrow to pick up the football pump.

I think Thorncliffe is a smashing place, Thanks so much -again - Webby for getting that sorted X, everyone's really nice - if the sun shines like it was today when I was there it will be a brilliant day!

I am sure everything with the location will be just fine - the F.A. have emailed to say all is well with the change of venue etc. That seemed to be Thorncliffe's only concern.

If you could check that out Webby (re council - I would really appreciate that).

The more posters that get put up the better. McDonalds on High Street have put me one up today - said if I had a bigger one they would put that up for me too - shame I could only do A4 size.

DaveGas is putting some up too.

As Blades-eela says he has offered to help on the morning. All hands on deck will be gratefully appreciated :):help:

I'm aiming to leave our end at 9 - should get there (given no rush hour traffic) around half 9. Car to unload, tables and mini gazebo's to put up to cover the 'bun' and raffle tables at least.

Linda - are you able to lay your hands on another to cover the tombola table - just in case??

Will be awfully sh***y if it rains but we need to be prepared given that this is England in July.

Getting pretty darned good at shouting for help aren't I? LOL.

Wouldn't do it if some kind souls didn't usually respond ;)

Edited by potlegs

I'll be there miss.......

About 10.55

Now now Webby - no resting on your laurels yet! :hihi:

I have very sad news - whatever you were planning for me at half time - I have bu***red my cartilage again. So you'll not be getting me kicking a ball around or rolling around in the goal!!

Edited by potlegs