Babies ear piercing.

It is a disgrace to do this sort of thing to a child, be it either young or a baby, as has been said 18 should be the minimum age for this.

I agree there should be a minimum age, but think it should be lower than 18. Youd be able to drive a car before you were old enough to have a piercing!

18s about right for tattoos (or maybe 21 would be better) as youre stuck with them forever, but a you can just take an earring out.

I don't understand why anyone would pierce their babies ears. The poor baby won't know whats happening and will be in pain. Then what if it gets infected? Why would you risk doing that to your own child.

I had mine done for my 10th birthday. My mum warned me that it would hurt but i really wanted them done so she agreed. I didn't have any problems and i'm glad i had them done. However, I think the minimum age should be 12 years old for ear piercing.

Netherlands Boarding and Rescue Kennels- 'Giving Local Dogs A Chance' http://www.netherlandsdogrescue.co.uk

Mill House Animal Sanctuary- 'For The Neglected We Care' http://www.animalsheltersheffield.co.uk

I agree there should be a minimum age, but think it should be lower than 18. Youd be able to drive a car before you were old enough to have a piercing!

18s about right for tattoos (or maybe 21 would be better) as youre stuck with them forever, but a you can just take an earring out.

Well I was torn between 18 or 16 but on reflection I'll say 16 or 14 if parent there. Mind you looking at some of the ear piercings now, they are horrible, the big holes people put in their ears is yuk.

Well I was torn between 18 or 16 but on reflection I'll say 16 or 14 if parent there. Mind you looking at some of the ear piercings now, they are horrible, the big holes people put in their ears is yuk.

I was ten-and-a-half when I had my ears pierced, and I think it was an ok age... Old enough to decide that I wanted them doing. I do think that it shouldn't be done to tiny babies. I saw some newspaper pictures a few days ago of a baby who was no more than two or three months old, and she had been given ear piercing.