Child Benefit .. Should it be phased out?

For the life of me I cannot understand why Child Benefit should be paid at all to anyone?

The country is already overpopulated and low on resources, so why PAY people to have more offspring, thus compounding the problem.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Regardless of the government of the day, I cannot understand why they encourage people to have children "willy-nilly" in this economic climate.

I think it should be phased out totally over (say) 3 years so that the bill to the nation is reduced and the population explosion is no further encouraged.

Afterall Banging out a sprog doesn't take much effort and if you are being PAID for it, then that's a bonus!

What do you think? ;)

I don't think the Child Benefit could be considered being paid to have children, I can't imagine it would go far in the scheme of things.

But it does...

Nobody gives anyone else an average of £15 a week just for having sex.

If they do, then I want some of that lol

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 23:46 ----------

Scrap it all together, if you can't afford kids don't have them,do parents not get this family tax credit as well,what about me a non breeder what do I get sweet F-A.

Absolutely correct... yet you still have to "pay your taxes" and subsidise people who probably have more money than you for procreating.

How is that a "fairer society"?

But it does...

Nobody gives anyone else an average of £15 a week just for having sex.

If they do, then I want some of that lol

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 23:46 ----------

Absolutely correct... yet you still have to "pay your taxes" and subsidise people who probably have more money than you for procreating.

How is that a "fairer society"?

There are people who are paid for for having sex without having babies. Do you consider that unfair too?

Do you really think people consider having sprogs for just £15 a week (if that is the right figure)?

For the life of me I cannot understand why Child Benefit should be paid at all to anyone?

The country is already overpopulated and low on resources, so why PAY people to have more offspring, thus compounding the problem.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Regardless of the government of the day, I cannot understand why they encourage people to have children "willy-nilly" in this economic climate.

I think it should be phased out totally over (say) 3 years so that the bill to the nation is reduced and the population explosion is no further encouraged.

Afterall Banging out a sprog doesn't take much effort and if you are being PAID for it, then that's a bonus!

What do you think? ;)

are you for real.?

are you for real.?

I think he's for real.

Why do we pay child benefit to middle class couples who then use it for their holidays?

Two kids= £100 per month in Child Benefit. It is time that we didn't give that sort of cash to everyone with kids.

There are people who are paid for for having sex without having babies. Do you consider that unfair too?

Do you really think people consider having sprogs for just £15 a week (if that is the right figure)?

I said an "average"

£20.30 for the first child

and

£13.40 for subsiquent children as of today

so £15 is probably about average unless lots of people have more than 2

I just cannot see the sense (wether it is £1 or £20) in PAYING people to have children in a country which (as I said) is struggling to support the people it has already.

I think he's for real.

Why do we pay child benefit to middle class couples who then use it for their holidays?

Two kids= £100 per month in Child Benefit. It is time that we didn't give that sort of cash to everyone with kids.

It used to help keep my ex in Silk Cut.