Rain Rescue Shop - Facebook & Ebay for 2013

A few weeks ago I donated 4 bags of stuff to their shop most of it was brand new with tags on or in still in boxes and never even got a thank you , in fact the staff were too busy talking about the previous night out and didn't even acknowledge that I was there !! I emailed rain rescue and never got a reply! That says it all . Manners cost nothing .

Some of the big items like furniture will be on ebay as there is not enough room in the shop and this time of year we can't put it outside so we thought of displaying photos of the items in the shop but ebay might be quicker to sell.

A few weeks ago I donated 4 bags of stuff to their shop most of it was brand new with tags on or in still in boxes and never even got a thank you , in fact the staff were too busy talking about the previous night out and didn't even acknowledge that I was there !! I emailed rain rescue and never got a reply! That says it all . Manners cost nothing .

Very sorry to hear this, we all usually thank people and are very grateful for the donations, where would we be without them?

Thank you for listing this for us MuteWitness - its great that people volunteer their efforts to raise funds to help these animals.

Thank you to everyone's suggestions about selling. MW has been doing a fabulous job working very hard to photograph, list, answer questions and post out and monitor goods as they get sold, and mostly we manage to get a better price on ebay than it would go for in the shop. This Facebook auction looks promising but will still take you time to sort - so thank you.

Thank you Smudge and Twibstix - hopefully both items will raise funds and yes we wouldn't be able to sell anything of that sort of value in the shop - so best on the auction sites.

Deelish, we do not have any staff in the shop. The people who help in there are volunteers who have given their time up to help get a shop started and raise funds for the pets in need. The shop is always very hectic we get goods donated constantly and its always appreciated. The workers in the back are shattered by the end of the day, I know I am. We do often get people coming and standing in the front for us, serving people - maybe its those who didn't thank you? We get some lovely comments from people all the time, about how friendly and nice it is so many regulars visiting daily - they say its addictive.

I have obviously missed your email, I receive about 60 emails each and every day - many expecting very long and complicated answers. I help at the rescue 4 days a week and in the shop 3 days a week. Myself and my husband look after all the dogs - answer all the emails and the phone 7 days a week. Go to the dog pounds, the vets, do all the walking, and find homes for the dogs. Calls and emails go into the night. About 8.00pm I may get some tea - and then - about 9.30pm I start again - doing paperwork, paying bills, updating the website, answering questions about rehoming etc., etc., I'm lucky if I and a few of our core volunteers - get more than 6 hours sleep each and every night. Nobody knows and so I don't think it does say it all that we didn't have time to reply to your email.

I apologise that I missed your complaint - or that you felt the volunteers were too busy and didn't get chance to thank you because they are a lovely bunch of people and I and all the pets that we help - are very grateful that they give up their time and that people do donate goods. Its very hard to please everyone all of the time and hopefully when we earn enough money to be able to employ a manager and trained staff - complaints will be addressed - in the mean time hopefully people who know our work and all that we do - are often understanding that we are just a few people trying our best.

Thank you for the donation of your goods - I can assure you - the pets who need help - appreciate every single penny raised to help them.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 01:03 ----------

Can I finish with saying - thank you for everyone who donates any item that we can sell. Rest assured that things will sell in the shop at S2 2EH even though here they go for very very low values. Others, our volunteers will try to sell on ebay or Facebook as this thread is for - to hopefully get better prices for us.

We appreciate any help and donations offered. Don't want anyone to think that its not appreciated - but remember - its the pets that get the benefit - we are just there to help save their lives.

The first facebook 'auction' is for A Pub On Every Corner by Douglas Lamb, very rare Sheffield pub book - hope it does well.

We donated this book to Rain Rescue and really hope it does well at the auction:)

P.S (We actually donated lots of other items at the same time and I must say that the staff were extremely grateful for everything)

Thanks Beanie, its nice to hear and hopefully the book will do well for raising funds for us - as our first trial.

Hey MuteWitness, I will get the photos to you tomorrow as well as some descriptions in case you list the desks, bookcase and bedside table on ebay.

Scozzie.

Brilliant scozzie thanks for picking Rain Rescue to donate all this really good furniture...all brand new! It is amazing how giving people are.

Edited by MuteWitness

I have visited the Rain Rescue shopon several occasions & always found the people working there friendly and attentive.

Keep up the good work you are doing a great job

Thank you for your kind comments - I'm sure the volunteers will feel uplifted by that.\

We donated this book to Rain Rescue and really hope it does well at the auction:)

P.S (We actually donated lots of other items at the same time and I must say that the staff were extremely grateful for everything)

Brilliant thank you so much for such a great book, did you know how much they go for these days ?:)

Thank you for your kind comments - I'm sure the volunteers will feel uplifted by that.\

we do!!! xx