Lack of 10th birthday coverage in Sheffield Star or Telegraph

Owd on a minute, people are always moaning Sheffield lacks behind other cities and under sells itself, here we have one of the UK's most successful forums and you think we shouldn't promote that. ?

Damned if you do damned if you don't then. :huh:

Preaching to the converted wont boost the promotion of the city, its a local forum, the only one of note, nationally is never going to be a player ! its useful for locals and ex pats.

Yes happy birthday, but no use bigging up what after all is just a web page/forum. Complaining about the "stars" coverage or lack of it stinks of attention seeking , look at me !! wow!!

Bluebell wood now thats worth promoting.

Perhaps a few photographs of the more lovely members of the forum would help.....I'm thinking maybe Mr bloke and Harestone might pose for us.

So when should I expect the photographer to pop round?

Are we going to bring out a forum calendar?

I'm so excited, I can't wait to tell Mrs Bloke!

:banana:

...stinks of attention seeking , look at me !! wow!!

Marketing is awful isn't it! ;) Seriously though, I think you'll find that any organisation, when it has something to announce/celebrate, will look to at least get some local coverage for it. I've explained in my last post why I thought it would be nice in this case.

Edited by Geoff

its useful for locals and ex pats.

And amongst other things, people thinking of moving to Sheffield, i'm sure the forum has swayed a decision of two over the years.

Perhaps a few photographs of the more lovely members of the forum would help.....I'm thinking maybe Mr bloke and Harestone might pose for us.

Im sure we could put together a SF calendar called " Dishy Forum Blokes" . Maybe that would get The Star's attention !:roll:

Marketing is awful isn't it! ;) Seriously though, I think you'll find that any organisation, when it has something to announce/celebrate, will look to at least get some local coverage for it. I've explained in my last post why I thought it would be nice in this case.

You got massive coverage , covering a much wider number, via Radio Sheffield than you ever would via the Star.

Nowt wrong with marketing or self promotion, but its a web page. Some take the net far to seriously, there are charitys and other local community projects locally that have been going much longer , yet also dont get a line of praise in the Star !! Moaning about it on your own forum !!

SAD.

Im sure we could put together a SF calendar called " Dishy Forum Blokes" . Maybe that would get The Star's attention !:roll:

I'd be perfect, I'll be the fireman, shirt off, axe slung over the shoulder ready to smash any back doors in.

And amongst other things, people thinking of moving to Sheffield, i'm sure the forum has swayed a decision of two over the years.

Depends on which section of the forum they find first :)

"Fishy Boredom Folks"?

I don't lick the mound of fat! :(

I'd be perfect, I'll be the fireman, shirt off, axe slung over the shoulder ready to smash any back doors in.

Thall need more than t'shirt off to sell calendars. !!!:suspect:

Some take the net far to seriously, there are charitys and other local community projects locally that have been going much longer , yet also dont get a line of praise in the Star !! Moaning about it on your own forum !! SAD.

Don't really want to turn this thread in to a one-to-one debate with you, but just to say that I agree it's bad if such groups are also not getting publicity, but that's a separate issue and exclusive of our coverage or lack of. As for me complaining about the lack of coverage on here, rather than somewhere else, well... that just seemed logical!

After all this, either paper might pull something out of the hat and write something. But equally, if they don't, then that's fine. I don't see why, in the meantime, we're not allowed to discuss it - even if you personally consider the process to be 'sad'. There are other threads to look at ;)

Edited by Geoff

Don't really want to turn this thread in to a one-to-one debate with you, but just to say that I agree it's bad if such groups are also not getting publicity, but that's a separate issue and exclusive of our coverage or lack of. As for complaining about the lack of coverage on here, rather than somewhere else, well... that just seemed logical!

After all this, either paper might pull something out of the hat and write something. But equally, if they don't, then that's fine. I don't see, TAT, why in the meantime we're not allowed to discuss it, even if you consider the process to be 'sad'. There are other threads to look at ;)

Am more than happy to move on, my comments were drawn to your opening post only.( A POST YOU HAVE SINCE EDITEDAFTER 12 HOUR) and now make some replys look a little over the top.

Edited by TAT
opening post being edited.