Clothing Bank in Sheffield

mediumfast

After having yet another clearout of my wardrobe I now have loads of clothes to get shut of are there any charity clothing banks that actually just donate them directly to such as the homeless in Sheffield? I am loath to put them in the charity collection bins anymore as they get robbed on a nightly basis and the same happens when you leave them outside in the charity bags I would rather they went to someone who might actually need them.

im afraid i dont know the answer to your question.

however, if you want a charity that will get more bang from the bucks that your donations will raise, please think about donating it to the children's society.

they have a shop in hillsborough where i take all my donations. the simple reason i go there is because they are signed up to gift aid, and every item i donate is eligible for a gift aid donation in addition to its sale value.

i get an annual letter telling me how much my donations have raised and asking if i still wish to offer the gift aid donation on those sales (it would seem a little non-sensical to ask for it back! :o)

so far in the last 12 months, ive raised nearly £70 for them in my donations...and thats before the gift aid percentage!

if other charities offered it, i would donate to more, but for ingenuity and sensibility, these guys get all my cast-offs, unwanted gifts and books :)

x

EDIT: You could try contacting the archer project at the cathedral on campo lane, they work directly with homeless in relation to drugs and alcohol issues and may welcome your donation

im afraid i dont know the answer to your question.

however, if you want a charity that will get more bang from the bucks that your donations will raise, please think about donating it to the children's society.

they have a shop in hillsborough where i take all my donations. the simple reason i go there is because they are signed up to gift aid, and every item i donate is eligible for a gift aid donation in addition to its sale value.

i get an annual letter telling me how much my donations have raised and asking if i still wish to offer the gift aid donation on those sales (it would seem a little non-sensical to ask for it back! :o)

so far in the last 12 months, ive raised nearly £70 for them in my donations...and thats before the gift aid percentage!

if other charities offered it, i would donate to more, but for ingenuity and sensibility, these guys get all my cast-offs, unwanted gifts and books :)

x

EDIT: You could try contacting the archer project at the cathedral on campo lane, they work directly with homeless in relation to drugs and alcohol issues and may welcome your donation

I was down there tonight and saw they had a stock wanted sign so I will take it all to them on Saturday.I hope they have plenty of coathangers:)

Archived