Pianola - free to a good home

Free to good home

Pianola music roll mechanical piano (you pedal it!) plus about 6 piano rolls.

It works but I haven't played in in a long time and it's now in the way.

It is large - 5ft wide, 4.5ft high and 2.25ft deep. And it is VERY heavy - you would need 4 or 5 strong people and a van to shift it.

Reply to this message if you want to see it or collect it.

Hi there - I'd begun to think no-one wanted it.

It really does need 4 or 5 strong men to carry it from the house without damage

and at least a medium size van.

I think you should come to see it first if you live close enough to Hunter' Bar??

Mike

Hmm,well it will take me about a week to sort the van out. But i can get guys to lift no problem. What condition is it in?

I think its condition is very good - I haven't played it for ages but I will make sure it's working for you to hear - I have a few music rolls with it. Why not ring me and fix a time to see it before you organise the van? (I sent phone number in a PM just now did you get it?) I can be around during day or the evening.

Out of interest, is it with or without keyboard, and what make/model

Thanks.

Just a tip on moving this.

We have done a few over the years.

It is not like a piano, a piano weighs approx 200/250 kg but a pianola weighs 300/350 kg.

It wil need 4 men to move it safely one on each corner.

I would suggest a ramp or tail lift on the vehicle that your moving it in and some sort of piano wheels to get it out off the house and to the lorry without damage either to yourselves or the property.

Any other advise give me a ring

Hope this helps

The pianola has a piano keyboard but I cannot find a maker's name.

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 23:13 ----------

Bigsteve - thanks for the advice - I will pass it on to anyone who decides to take the pianola.

Hi Mike

Is this still available? I know someone who might be interested but don't want to tread on any toes if souka93 is still planning on taking it.

Cheers

Thanks for the interest. I have given souka93 'first refusal' - I will let you know the outcome.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 11:17 ----------

Looks like it will be collected this Saturday - I'll post back here if anything goes wrong.

Just a tip on moving this.

We have done a few over the years.

It is not like a piano, a piano weighs approx 200/250 kg but a pianola weighs 300/350 kg.

It wil need 4 men to move it safely one on each corner.

I would suggest a ramp or tail lift on the vehicle that your moving it in and some sort of piano wheels to get it out off the house and to the lorry without damage either to yourselves or the property.

Any other advise give me a ring

Hope this helps

Please take note of what bigsteve says these are very heavy. The wheels on it are not suitable for moving it. If the guy turns up with less than 4 men and a piano trolley your going to be asking for trouble. If you think moving a piano is a bad these are a nightmare. Bigsteve says he has moved them before I would suggest getting him to do it for you, better the professionals do it for you.