Blake Street, Upperthorpe, Shefffield

Hi,

I was wondering what it is like to live on or around Blake Street in Upperthorpe. I read really worrying threats and really positive ones but they are all out of date.

Does anyone know how it is these days?

Many thanks.

Are there any other council houses in the area, other than the ones by the roundabout?

Make sure your car has a good handbrake! It's fine in my opinion; even as someone with anxiety probelems, I used to walk up and down it a lot at all times of day and night before me and my other half lived together. There are council properties right at the the bottom as far as I remember, but that was never an issue while I was there. Really really good pub at the top. Bit of a pain in the snow though.

Decent boozer at top of the hill,can always roll down after a few bevvies.

Decent boozer at top of the hill,can always roll down after a few bevvies.

That a massive plus :) and a great pub... The Blake Hotel.

Make sure your car has a good handbrake! It's fine in my opinion; even as someone with anxiety probelems, I used to walk up and down it a lot at all times of day and night before me and my other half lived together. There are council properties right at the the bottom as far as I remember, but that was never an issue while I was there. Really really good pub at the top. Bit of a pain in the snow though.

The houses at the bottom of the road are not council, they were built by housing association for people to buy on a full or part rent part buy scheme. my mum and dad lived on there for many years never had any problems its quit a student populated area.

Like said above, you need a good handbrake! Always park with the wheels on full lock! In icy or snow conditions don't even think about it. Park outside Upperthorpe baths and walk. Thats if you have a good pair of legs and lungs.

I had to walk up it on Monday. Knackered at the top at the Blake was shut. Gutted.

As for living in the area then yes. I would live there. I lived on Upperthorpe as a kid. Happy days!

We live very close, friendly area. Lots of young professional couples/families live on my street and we all talk to each other! never had any problems other than the snow v's Blake street!