Henry Holmes cycling career

Thank you so much! But does a HH frame have any value? This is a light weight frame; I carried it up three flights of an Edinburgh tenement in the 80s. I know it's  been superseded by titanium and carbon fibre, but it's a good racing/road frame. I just don't know what its value is. The whole bike was insured for £300 at the time. I'd like to sell it rather than give it to a charity if possible.

Did he rise from the ashes I know in the late fifties he had three shops London road, sharrowvale road and one in Rotherham or did he put the shops in his wifes name? in fact he had two shops on sharrowvale road one he just used as a showroom.

Yes; makes me wonder how he managed three shops. Just hand everything to a bookkeeper/accountant? 

Any idea how I find the value of his frames? I've visited bike shops and the millennials have never heard of him. I don't know if it has a rarity value or just scrap. But it's a lovely frame.

I remember his shop on London road going towards Heeley bottom in the early 1970s. There was a bike high up on the wall in the shop that I always understud was a competition winner? I would guess that Wilsons on City road might have info on Henry Holmes and his bikes.

In the mid 50s I lived at Nether Edge and went to King Edwards school and was a member of Sheffield Sports Cycling Club.On my way home from school I used to stop at the Sharrrowvale Road shop and was taught by Henry to build wheels from hubs,rims and spokes. We used to sit on orange boxes in the shop and were paid 3d per wheel which was finally trued by Henry. At that time Henry still rode and I remember beating him in a sprint for the Matlock sign. He was the organiser of the now defunct Sheffield Wheelers whose club jersey was white with red and blue horizontal bands. He sold a variety of different frames including Claud Butler and JRJ (later to become Bob Jackson) as well as frames labelled Henry Holmes made by Mercian of Derby. Most of the latter were pale blue or grey with coloured bands on the seat tube and constructed from Reynolds 531 butted tubing.He was assisted in the shop by a young man called Neil and at times also by his wife and daughter Cissie. He lived on South View Rd opposite Sharrow Lane school.

If you can post a photo of the frame and any id stamping I may be able to tell you more about it.

Henry's shops were registered in the daughters name

Margaret I believe 

I worked in the London road shop 1962 1963