Are you Made in Sheffield?

Good to here you are still proud of sheffield, even though you now live in canada.

I visited canada a few years ago, it was a lovely place and the people were really nice.

While touring round ontario we came across a road sign, which we took a picture of, it read Sheffield, what a pleasent site.

I live about 30 mins away from there. It was weird seeing the sign for the first time. Not as big as the proper Sheff though. I think i counted 10 houses and 2 churches all in all. the people are nice and friendly here. where abouts in sheff are you from?

Don't know where I was made :gag: but I was definately born In Sheffield, Jessops hospital. I live in Germany now but a biggest chunk of my heart is still in sheffield.

I was made in Inverness, born at Nether Edge in 1966, and lived on Sandford Grove Road until I was 6, then in Ecclesall for 12 yrs.

Left in 1984 for Paris, initially a 3-month stint, but I stayed for 8 yrs, then uncamped to London at end of 1992 for 8/9 years, including a one year mind-blowing RTW trip.

Landed in Mexborough (:gag:) for 6 months whilst I had my first child and now Hoyland.

How the mighty fall hey? :hihi:

Sheffield is very special to me, and over the years I have met many people on mu travels who have said very positive things about the place, which have endeared me to it. I have to say comparing it to Paris is rather unfair, but it does have a spirit of its own which is much more laid back. And the people are sooooo much nicer :thumbsup: