Laptop repair please

p-and-d

Hi i have a Compaq laptop around 3 years old. Problem is it wont load up. it will turn on and then start to load but then freezes. I remove the battery and try starting it again then in runs me through a repair mode. Then it works fine. Upon starting it up again it do's all the above.

Can anyone take a look or reccomend someone local to s5. It will need all my doccuments, pics and music backing up

sorry dont know who to suggest for the fix but I seriously recommend you learn how to back up your stuff yourself - it is really easy but if you dont, sooner or later, you will loose the lot

all you need is an external hard drive, I have 2 little USB powered ones. Or a pen drive if you dont have much stuff (pics and music can add up), my mum and wife have little 3rd generation Kingston 8GB sticks. Then get a program like synctoy or freefilesync - google "gizmo 46" and see what freeware you can find