Coppen Estates. . . .Sheffield

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I was asking for.

I don't think you can see the footers on the mobile forum, otherwise I wouldn't have asked!!

My latest bill just dropped, minus any insurance admin changes since following Jeffrey's advice a few years ago (thank you!), but the past couple of years I'd had it emailed to me, with the option of a bank transfer, this year we've gone back to letters and cheques only? I've tried phoning and emailing but obviously not expecting any response. Do we think it's safe to just send a bank transfer as per previous years?

A additional query, I would LOVE to be free of the hassle and worry should we ever come to sell the house, but I have a couple of concerns...

- The previous house (lease) owner extended the lease already in 2012. I read earlier it cannot be extended again, is that so? Are we forced into buying the freehold reversion or losing massive value in the house?

- The extension only added 25 years and now the lease has 106 years left. With a rent upped from £30 to £135, that seems to make it an expensive job to buy the FR. Am I right in thinking this gives estimated costs of around £5-6k in total?

1. The Leasehold Reform Act 1967 gives the tenant (leaseholder) of a house the right- after two years' ownership- either:

a. to buy the freehold reversion; or

b. to extend the lease by 50yrs.

2. So your predecessor's lease extension, adding only 25yrs., was not a statutory extension at all.

3. So nor does s.16(1)(b) of the Act, which prohibits a second statutory lease extension.