What is the process if you want to move to London?

Unless you're an ethnic minority you dont have a prayer if you're seeking a council house.

You need to get looking at the private rental sector, but make sure you have deep pockets, even for a crappy little flat in a horrible area.

This is a rather silly comment.However as a deedar he may qualify as a minority in London,as they may need an interpreter.

This is a rather silly comment.However as a deedar he may qualify as a minority in London,as they may need an interpreter.

It's a ridiculous comment. If he can find me a lettings policy for any borough in London that gives preference to people simply because they are an 'ethnic minority' (a rather elastic concept in London anyway) I will give him £50. He could spend it on another brain cell.

Some of the places I've seen around London, make PC and the Manor look like Sandbanks.

I agree that PC and Manr offer a superior housing option in physical terms but can think of little that would induce a Cockney exodus.The poor of London have resisted moves to Stoke and Walsall so I imagine a Sheffield transfer would meet a similar response.

I agree that PC and Manr offer a superior housing option in physical terms but can think of little that would induce a Cockney exodus.The poor of London have resisted moves to Stoke and Walsall so I imagine a Sheffield transfer would meet a similar response.

Loads of families are moving up here from London. The government is doing all it can to rid London of it's poor and send them elsewhere.

Hi guys, i would like to move to London and in need of 4 bedrooms and i have a disabled mother, need to know what are the process to move to London i mean do i go to Sheffield city council and tell them i would like to move to London or i just go to London and apply there please help i am really confused thanks in advance,

Happyman

One piece advice from me. Don't ask for advice on Sheffield Forum. It's chocker with judgmental ignorami and you'll have to trawl through pages of insults and comments about you and your loved ones before you find an iota of help

guys i want to move to london for job and because my mother want to be near her daughters and we have 6 adults and a child and wouldn't mind 3 bedrooms.

Have you got a job, or are you looking for a job?

Are you responsible for 5 more adults? If so it'll have to be a very well paid job.

I assume your mother's daughters are your sisters, why cant she move in with one of them. And finally if you have sisters down there anyway why can't they give you some help/assistance/info?

Is this a wind up?

sorry some of the above sounds like a mixture of The Smith's lyrics.

One piece advice from me. Don't ask for advice on Sheffield Forum. It's chocker with judgmental ignorami and you'll have to trawl through pages of insults and comments about you and your loved ones before you find an iota of help

thanks mate most people are asking personal questions which i don't like, iwhat i am asking what is the process not asking how much i am getting paid and it doesn't matter if i have 5 or 10 adults what i need is do i have to ask the city council of sheffield to apply for a move or go straight to london and apply from there, i know that i will have to go to private house not a council but ppl asking to many question and no straight answers.

happyman i am also looking for a move down there as theres more jobs in london, good luck with your move and job hunt if you need any help just inbox me and i will try and be as helpful as possible.:)

if you have family down there in london it would be much easier for your move, just tell the council u want to near your london relatives :)

Edited by petal1980