Anyone else irritated by the post office's special offer for Christmas?

...I'm still much more annoyed by the price hikes in postage that happened earlier in the year than by any discounts. I still have a few stamps I bought before the price hikes.

I'm sure I read somewhere(?) that if the stamps are just marked 1st or 2nd (ie. not with the postage value) then they are still useable.

:suspect:

I'm sure I read somewhere(?) that if the stamps are just marked 1st or 2nd (ie. not with the postage value) then they are still useable.

:suspect:

Yes, that's why I bought a load before the price went up. You can also use 1st & 2nd stamps to make up the postage for bigger items.

I didn't say I was 'worked up' about it. I said it was 'irritating', along with all the other free and gratis benefits.

I was really irritated when I discovered that a nightschool course in 'pottery' was oversubscribed because all the places were taken by those on benefits. No I don't mind free places at nightschool one iota, in subjects where it would improve their prospects of getting gainful employment. I think that is a great idea. Something like Maths, or english, or IT. But 'pottery'???...And that's only one example!

I wonder if they get free plates in these classes.

I didn't say I was 'worked up' about it. I said it was 'irritating', along with all the other free and gratis benefits.

I was really irritated when I discovered that a nightschool course in 'pottery' was oversubscribed because all the places were taken by those on benefits. No I don't mind free places at nightschool one iota, in subjects where it would improve their prospects of getting gainful employment. I think that is a great idea. Something like Maths, or english, or IT. But 'pottery'???...And that's only one example!

I've got an 'A' level in 'pottery' (honest!) :cool: