Muslim Rage-a different view?

Are you inferring all Muslims are taxi drivers..?

I thought they all were..how silly of me.

Outraged non Muslims outraged against Muslims who are outraged against Islamic fundamentalists.

You'll be telling us next that outrage should only come from those with names like Smith or Brown.

You're claiming that it's racist to try to show that some Muslims (not a race by the way) are nice?

So by that logic then anyone who hates Muslims is not racist...?

By trying to show that some Muslims are nice it shows that the poster feels the need to do it, so yes it is racist...albeit not in a negative way granted.

I thought they all were..how silly of me.

Outraged non Muslims outraged against Muslims who are outraged against Islamic fundamentalists.

You'll be telling us next that outrage should only come from those with names like Smith or Brown.

Why did you have to make the connection between Muslim and taxi work? You'll be saying next that all the Chinese are fit for is working in a take away...You're blind to some sort of racism.

I'm sorry boyfriday but I think this is a weak attempt to counter some of the anti Muslim threads that frequent this forum.
Well here I have a distinct advantage over what you think, in that I know what the intention of the thread is having started it and it isn't for the reasons you describe.

There is nothing unfair in these threads by nature. Maybe some of the users use the bad things Muslims do for a racist agenda, but without a subject to discuss, these people would disappear.

I haven't suggested they are unfair, but they're conceived by people who are exposed to the same western media that you and I are, and as we all know there are always two sides to a story and often a millions ways in which that story can be told.

I did say in the OP that the links I posted are probably Islamic sourced charm offensives, I've no doubt that they don't paint any more a realistic picture than the ones we generally see, but my point is we're influenced by what we see in the media nonetheless.

It is racist though. You are attempting to prove that there are some nice Muslims. Well of course there are.

Again, you're trying to tell me what I'm 'attempting' to do, which you're not in a position to do unless I tell you, and that isn't what I've been saying.

Its my opinion that some none Muslims patronizing attitude to Muslims, as a whole, does them no good, in fact it does them great harm.

..and you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, I don't have one either way in respect of that statement.

So by that logic then anyone who hates Muslims is not racist...?

By trying to show that some Muslims are nice it shows that the poster feels the need to do it, so yes it is racist...albeit not in a negative way granted.

I don't follow your logic at all. Countering a stereotype doesn't mean you agree with it...

Why did you have to make the connection between Muslim and taxi work? You'll be saying next that all the Chinese are fit for is working in a take away...You're blind to some sort of racism.

Or he's poking fun at stereotypes.

I suspect the poster was playing to your superior nature ;)

He probably is but then one could argue that there has to be some truth in stereotypes for them to become stereotypes in the first place.

They become stereotypes because of the "parochial" narrowly restricted scope or outlook of others. You can agree they are stereotyped, you can in the same breath disagree why they are.

I don't follow your logic at all. Countering a stereotype doesn't mean you agree with it...

It was said that its not possible to be racist against Muslims because Muslims are not a race. I merely concurred with this and said then in that case, all the anti Muslim threads which are claimed to be racist can't be, because Muslims aren't a race.

Or he's poking fun at stereotypes.

Or he dropped one.

I suspect the poster was playing to your superior nature ;)

Being a woman I agree.

He probably is but then one could argue that there has to be some truth in stereotypes for them to become stereotypes in the first place.

Correct.