Carfield, Mundella and Holt House

Hello dear fellow Sheffieldians.

Looking for a school place for our little one, and am considering the following schools :

Carfield

Mundella

Holt House

Do you have any children that are going to any of these schools, or have been in the last year or two?

Could you please share your thoughts and experiences with these schools please? :)

Your :help: is much appreciated :)

My daughter used to go to Mundella. She left 2 years ago. The school has droped from 4th in the school tables to 44 th. I felt too much pressure was put on the kids in year 6 to get better results. Also on a personal note the mums are very clicky . Some think they are better than others.

Know of friends` children who are at HH and Carfield and both regard the schools highly. Really though, you need to go and have a look.

You may find this link useful: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/education/school_tables/primary/11/html/373.stm

But either way, phone each school and arrange a visit with your child. Pay attention to the way you are greeted by both the staff and the children, it's a good indication of what the school is like.

My daughter used to go to Mundella. She left 2 years ago. The school has droped from 4th in the school tables to 44 th. I felt too much pressure was put on the kids in year 6 to get better results. Also on a personal note the mums are very clicky . Some think they are better than others.

Is it due to the recent rain,the clicky habits.I know cod liver helps.Were you made to feel an outsider?Take it as a compliment:hihi:

Looking for a school place for our little one, and am considering the following schools :

Carfield

Mundella

Holt House

Do you have any children that are going to any of these schools, or have been in the last year or two?

Could you please share your thoughts and experiences with these schools please? :)

You need to look ahead and see which schools these feed into as the choice of secondary is far more critical than primary,as they take the Ebaccs then.

Carfield

Mundella

Holt House

Your greater worry I think is the secondary school, as in our area that's either Springs Academy or Newfield, neither of which is great.

You need to look ahead and see which schools these feed into as the choice of secondary is far more critical than primary,as they take the Ebaccs then.

Your greater worry I think is the secondary school, as in our area that's either Springs Academy or Newfield, neither of which is great.

Very, very good points about the secondary links but I wouldn't say it's more important, just as important.

The two schools of choice for my daughter need a bulldozer to ever improve! So alternative school or de-registration it is then! Better to look earlier on than find yourself with a huge battle to face later on.

BUT, a bad choice of Primary School can also put them behind and spoil their view of school itself before they even get to secondary, putting them in the bottom sets and spending a lot of school life struggling in some cases.

Take as long as you can to make a decision, weigh up the pro's and con's of each school and think carefully.

Good luck :).

both mine have been to carfield my daughter left 2 yrs ago and my lad is in y5 , they both love(d) the school ive always found the teachers very pleasent and for secondry schools even tho my children live down the road from carfield with thier mum my daughter goes to meadowhead school , but newfield is improving so thats not to bad

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Planning to arrange for a personal visit in these schools and then decide :-)

Thanks again.